Category theory and beyond the standard model

In summary, the book is an introduction to the manipulations with sets that mathematicians use in daily life - which are best explained using category theory. It is a unification in the sense that the number of types of objects has been reduced to just one (a logic block that has inputs and outputs). This is something I wholeheartedly agree with.
Physics news on Phys.org
CarlB said:
Lubos got a little interested in Centauros...

Goodness knows why. It's hard to imagine he's thinking what you're thinking ...

Oh no, it's just clear that cosmic rays are where the next new physics comes from, if it's not the LHC.

CarlB said:
...it's just clear that cosmic rays are where the next new physics comes from, if it's not the LHC.

Well, there's a whole host of exciting possibilities. They just spotted a black hole at the centre of a globular cluster - only the second one they looked at.

I would think that finding a black hole in the center of a globular cluster would put new wind under the MOND sails. By the way, I just realized that when I wrote "new physics", being a particle guy, I automatically meant new particle physics, and was thinking in terms of detectors rather than obesrvatories.