Challenge defining these DH parameters

EqLba9b8gCcIn summary, the person is seeking help with defining their robot arm using the Denavit-Hartenberg convention and is encountering problems at links 2 and 5. They are asking for assistance and provide a link to a video for reference.
chipzfreak
Homework Statement
Denavit-Hartenberg Coordinate System impossible
Relevant Equations
Basic knowledge of DH conventions
Dear all,

I am momentarily designing a robot arm and I will use the Denavit-Hartenberg convention to model my arm (see picture).

The problem I have, however, is that I cannot seem to define the robot arm in the parameters of a, d, alpha and theta. It could be that my coordinates are not correct, but I could not find an error there. The problems I encounter are arising at links 2 and 5. Could someone enlighten me with what I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance,
IMG_20190503_113656__01.jpg
Thomas

Physics news on Phys.org
There's not enough information in your illustration or explanation of what your problem is, and I don't know anything about this in particular anyway, but I skimmed the Wikipedia article, and it had a link to the following video:

Likes berkeman

What are DH parameters and why are they important in robotics?

DH parameters, also known as Denavit-Hartenberg parameters, are a set of four parameters used to define the geometric relationship between two consecutive links in a robotic arm. They are important in robotics because they provide a standardized method for representing the kinematics of a robot, making it easier to analyze and control its movements.

How do you determine the DH parameters for a given robotic arm?

The DH parameters can be determined by following a set of conventions and rules, such as the Denavit-Hartenberg convention, which specifies the coordinate frames for each link and the direction of rotation between them. The parameters can then be calculated using geometric and trigonometric equations based on the physical dimensions and joint angles of the robot arm.

What challenges are involved in defining DH parameters for a complex robotic arm?

Defining DH parameters for a complex robotic arm can be challenging due to the potential for multiple solutions and the need to accurately measure and model the physical dimensions and joint angles. Additionally, certain configurations of the robot arm may require special considerations in order to accurately define the parameters.

How do DH parameters affect the accuracy of a robotic arm?

The accuracy of a robotic arm is highly dependent on the accuracy of its DH parameters. Any errors or inaccuracies in the parameter values can result in incorrect positioning and movement of the robot arm. Therefore, it is important to carefully define and calibrate the DH parameters to ensure the desired accuracy of the robotic arm.

Are there any software tools available to assist in defining DH parameters?

Yes, there are various software tools and libraries available that can help with defining DH parameters for a robotic arm. These tools often include visualization capabilities and automated calculation of the parameters based on input data. Some popular examples include MATLAB Robotics Toolbox, RoboDK, and ROS (Robot Operating System).