1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Changing field of study

1. Mar 2, 2009 #1
    Hello
    I have bachelor of science in Naval Architecture and i want to study mechanical engineering "Thermo fluids" for Msc,my question is:
    because i have bachelor of Naval Architecture,i have not passed about half of lessons mechanical engineers pass during their study.so i think i need to read some of mechanical engineers lessons before applying for "Thermo fluids",what are this lessons that i must read so that i will not face with any big problem during my Msc?
    thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2009 #2
    What kind of physics/math background do you have? I didn't take any engineering courses as an undergrad and I've had no trouble with graduate level mechanical engineering courses, but I had a strong background in physics and math.

4. Mar 3, 2009 #3
    my background in math and physics are lessons i have passed in my bsc:
    general math 1
    general math 2
    differential equations
    engineering mathematics
    general physics 1
    general physics 2
    some other lessons i have passed in Naval architecture:
    fluid mechanics 1 & 2
    heat transformation 1

what was your background in math and physics?

5. Mar 3, 2009 #4
    Hi,
    I am new at this forum and need all of your knowledge to share. Thanks

6. Mar 3, 2009 #5
    Was "general physics" a calculus based course? You seem to have a pretty good background. It would help to take courses in solid mechanics and strength of materials if you haven't already.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook