Characteristics of light when traveling long distances in space ("fabric" of spacetime?)

berkeman
Mentor
Thread closed for Moderation...

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
math is like a road map. there are many roads that can take you to get to many destinations, and you can get from any destination to any destination...

[snip]

... sometimes a route is proven and that theory becomes fact. But the route should never be looked at as the route to the destination till it's proven a fact and not just a theory because it can blind us from the real destination, and we are stuck in the apparent destintation. this is why I question the math.
By your own admission in this thread you know next to nothing about mathematics, especially the foundations of math and the methods and manners by which mathematical progress is made. Before making sweeping statements like the quote above it would be greatly beneficial for you to take some time and look into what math actually is and how it works. I assure you there is far more to math than what you've written here. I'm sure the folks in the Math forums would gladly help you out if you tell them you're interested in learning about the underlying logic and such of math.

In addition, the phrase "proven a fact and not just a theory" demonstrates that you also know very little about science. Scientific theories are never, ever proven in an absolute sense. Every theory, every single one, is subject to change or falsification at any time. Every scientific law, rule, theory, and hypothesis could come crashing down tomorrow or next Tuesday or ten billion years from now.

I applaud your interest in math and science, and I hope all of this hasn't rubbed you the wrong way, but you need to understand that questioning is simply the first step in learning. You must put in the necessary time and effort if you want to actually learn things. And unfortunately this means learning at least a little bit of math. Not necessarily a lot. Much of special relativity can be understood with just basic algebra and perhaps vectors. But you'll have to learn at least a little bit.

It's your choice.

Thread will remain locked.