Where can I find a photo of mathematician and economist Charles Wiggins Cobb?

• Thread starter popescu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photo
In summary, the person is looking for a photo of Charles Wiggins Cobb, a mathematician and economist known for the Cobb-Douglas production function. They have not been able to find much information on him and are asking for help in obtaining a photo, either electronically or through someone who has a physical copy. They mention that Google did not provide much help and suggest contacting the Math Department or Library at Amherst College, although there may be confusion with another individual named James Cobb.
popescu
Hello,
I need to find a photo of the mathematician and economist Charles Wiggins Cobb (most known for his Cobb-Douglas production function). I have managed to gather little data on him but would really need to obtain a picture whether it is in electronic format, or if anybody has a book containing his photo laying around and can scan it (the photo) for me.
Any help would be grately appreciated. Google didn't really come through for me this time.

Physics news on Phys.org
bump
still need it...

1. Who is Charles Wiggins Cobb?

Charles Wiggins Cobb was an American photographer who lived from 1869 to 1949. He is best known for his portrait photography and his work documenting the Native American tribes in the American Southwest.

2. When was the Charles Wiggins Cobb photo taken?

The exact date of the photo is unknown, but it is believed to have been taken sometime in the late 19th or early 20th century.

3. Where was the Charles Wiggins Cobb photo taken?

The photo was most likely taken in Cobb's studio in New York City, where he worked for most of his career. However, it is also possible that it was taken during one of his trips to the American Southwest.

4. What is the significance of the Charles Wiggins Cobb photo?

The photo is significant because it is a reflection of Cobb's talent as a portrait photographer and his ability to capture the essence of his subject. It also provides a glimpse into the clothing, hairstyles, and cultural practices of the time period in which it was taken.

5. Is the Charles Wiggins Cobb photo available for public viewing?

It is unclear if the original photo is available for public viewing, but there are several copies of the photo that can be found in various online archives and historical collections.