Want to See My Adorable Dog in Action?

• Thread starter nokianokia
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about different dog breeds and their characteristics. The speaker mentions a video of a cute dog, followed by a discussion about their own girlfriend's Cock-a-poo and the dog's loud barks. They also mention a previous Cocker Spaniel and its protectorate role. The conversation then shifts to the topic of Beagles and their affinity for distant sirens. The speaker also mentions their own experience with a large Am. Softcoated Wheaten Terrier with huge paws, and how paw size can be an indicator of future growth. The conversation ends with a mention of a chocolate lab with large feet and a comment about a dog remembering its mother.
nokianokia
Here is a video I made of her: :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's a cute dog.

My girlfriend has a Cock-a-poo (half Cocker, half Poodle) and his barks can split one's eardrums! Her old Cocker Spaniel (Dynamite for short) was a protectorate of mine (from Lois Armstrong, the Cock-a-poo, who would shriek right into her ear).

It's a canine.

Beagles seem to have a thing for distant sirens we can't often hear.

She's a cutie. The big paws foretell future growth!

turbo-1 said:
She's a cutie. The big paws foretell future growth!

Is that true? I had a very large Am. Softcoated Wheaten Terrier that died, oh, 1,5 years ago. She had enormous paws as a pup.

TubbaBlubba said:
Is that true? I had a very large Am. Softcoated Wheaten Terrier that died, oh, 1,5 years ago. She had enormous paws as a pup.
When a pup has huge feet, it's a pretty good indicator that they will have to grow into them. If a pup has small feet (especially handy indicator for mixed-breeds) they will probably not grow up to be very large dogs. Even if they look to have a hound-shepherd background, if they have small feet, they'll probably end up being 30-35# or so when they are grown.

That is adorable, I hope you and your fur friend, have many years of happiness.

turbo-1 said:
When a pup has huge feet, it's a pretty good indicator that they will have to grow into them. If a pup has small feet (especially handy indicator for mixed-breeds) they will probably not grow up to be very large dogs. Even if they look to have a hound-shepherd background, if they have small feet, they'll probably end up being 30-35# or so when they are grown.

I depends on the breed, too. My chocolate lab had enormous feet as an adult, complete with webbed toes of course :biggrin:. Despite being ~95 lbs she never grew her body to be in the correct proportion, they always looked preposterous. Strangers would comment on their size.

Not quite having forgotten mommy, has she?

What kind of dog do you have?

I have a Golden Retriever named Max.

What tricks can your dog do?

Max can sit, stay, roll over, and give high fives.

What is your dog's favorite toy?

Max loves playing with his squeaky ball.

Can you share a video of your dog?

Yes, I have a few videos of Max doing tricks and playing on my social media accounts.

How did you train your dog to do these tricks?

I used positive reinforcement and clicker training methods to teach Max these tricks.