Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Check out my dog!

1. Jul 9, 2010 #1
    Here is a video I made of her: :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2010 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

It's a cute dog.

4. Jul 10, 2010 #3
    My girlfriend has a Cock-a-poo (half Cocker, half Poodle) and his barks can split one's eardrums! Her old Cocker Spaniel (Dynamite for short) was a protectorate of mine (from Lois Armstrong, the Cock-a-poo, who would shriek right into her ear).

5. Jul 10, 2010 #4
    It's a canine.

6. Jul 10, 2010 #5
    Beagles seem to have a thing for distant sirens we can't often hear.

7. Jul 10, 2010 #6

turbo

Gold Member

She's a cutie. The big paws foretell future growth!

8. Jul 10, 2010 #7
    Is that true? I had a very large Am. Softcoated Wheaten Terrier that died, oh, 1,5 years ago. She had enormous paws as a pup.

9. Jul 10, 2010 #8

turbo

Gold Member

When a pup has huge feet, it's a pretty good indicator that they will have to grow into them. If a pup has small feet (especially handy indicator for mixed-breeds) they will probably not grow up to be very large dogs. Even if they look to have a hound-shepherd background, if they have small feet, they'll probably end up being 30-35# or so when they are grown.

10. Jul 10, 2010 #9
    That is adorable, I hope you and your fur friend, have many years of happiness.

11. Jul 10, 2010 #10

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I depends on the breed, too. My chocolate lab had enormous feet as an adult, complete with webbed toes of course :biggrin:. Despite being ~95 lbs she never grew her body to be in the correct proportion, they always looked preposterous. Strangers would comment on their size.

12. Jul 10, 2010 #11

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Not quite having forgotten mommy, has she?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook