Equilibrium Symbol in MS Word: Importing or Creating?

In summary, the conversation discusses the need to insert an equilibrium symbol in a chemistry report being written in MS Word. The speaker is under time pressure and asks for help in finding or creating the symbol. Suggestions are given to use the equation editor or a double-headed arrow as a substitute. It is also suggested to use the font MS Mincho to find the symbol. The conversation ends with gratitude for the help provided.
Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I am writting a chemistry report in MS Word and need to insert an equilibrium symbol, but I can't find it anywhere in word. Can one be imported or created? I'm under time pressure here because the report has to be in for friday. I would be grateful for any help.

Computer science news on Phys.org
If you have the equation editor installed, there's probably a way to do it with that (but I don't know how...I took chemistry back when we still typed reports on typewriters and handwrote in those symbols). If not, my suggestion would be to use a double-headed arrow as a space-filler and find out from your professor/instructor if you can just use that as a substitute.

Equation editor in ms word can do it. Go to insert/object, then scroll down and find microsoft equation. If its not here, then you will need the installation disk to install it.

Is the symbol you want something like this:

If you have the font MS Mincho, in Word, click Insert; click Symbol; select MS Mincho from Font menu; find and highlight the symbol in the list; click Insert. Even if that isn't the symbol, that font has a ton of them, so it might be worth a look.

Thanks guys!

1. What is the purpose of a chemistry report in MS Word?

A chemistry report in MS Word is used to document the results of a scientific experiment or research project in the field of chemistry. It allows scientists to organize and present their findings in a clear and concise manner.

2. How do I format a chemistry report in MS Word?

To format a chemistry report in MS Word, you can use the built-in templates or customize your own layout. It is important to include a title, abstract, introduction, methods, results, discussion, and conclusion sections. You should also use headings, subheadings, and bullet points to organize your information.

3. Can I include images or graphs in a chemistry report in MS Word?

Yes, you can insert images or graphs in a chemistry report in MS Word to visually represent your data. Make sure to label and reference them appropriately within the text.

4. What is the recommended font and font size for a chemistry report in MS Word?

The recommended font for a chemistry report in MS Word is Times New Roman or Arial, with a font size of 12. This is the standard font and size used in most scientific papers and reports.

5. How do I cite my sources in a chemistry report in MS Word?

You can use the citation style recommended by your institution or follow a standard format such as APA or MLA. You should include in-text citations for any information or data that is not originally your own, and a full reference list at the end of your report.