Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry report in MS Word

1. Mar 1, 2006 #1

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am writting a chemistry report in MS Word and need to insert an equilibrium symbol, but I can't find it anywhere in word. Can one be imported or created? I'm under time pressure here because the report has to be in for friday. I would be grateful for any help.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2006 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you have the equation editor installed, there's probably a way to do it with that (but I don't know how...I took chemistry back when we still typed reports on typewriters and handwrote in those symbols). If not, my suggestion would be to use a double-headed arrow as a space-filler and find out from your professor/instructor if you can just use that as a substitute.

4. Mar 2, 2006 #3
    Equation editor in ms word can do it. Go to insert/object, then scroll down and find microsoft equation. If its not here, then you will need the installation disk to install it.

5. Mar 2, 2006 #4

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

6. Mar 2, 2006 #5

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Is the symbol you want something like this:

If you have the font MS Mincho, in Word, click Insert; click Symbol; select MS Mincho from Font menu; find and highlight the symbol in the list; click Insert. Even if that isn't the symbol, that font has a ton of them, so it might be worth a look.

7. Mar 2, 2006 #6

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks guys!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?