Chemistry report in MS Word

• Thread starter Hootenanny
  • Start date
Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

I am writting a chemistry report in MS Word and need to insert an equilibrium symbol, but I can't find it anywhere in word. Can one be imported or created? I'm under time pressure here because the report has to be in for friday. I would be grateful for any help.

Answers and Replies

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If you have the equation editor installed, there's probably a way to do it with that (but I don't know how...I took chemistry back when we still typed reports on typewriters and handwrote in those symbols). If not, my suggestion would be to use a double-headed arrow as a space-filler and find out from your professor/instructor if you can just use that as a substitute.

Equation editor in ms word can do it. Go to insert/object, then scroll down and find microsoft equation. If its not here, then you will need the installation disk to install it.

honestrosewater
Gold Member
Is the symbol you want something like this:

If you have the font MS Mincho, in Word, click Insert; click Symbol; select MS Mincho from Font menu; find and highlight the symbol in the list; click Insert. Even if that isn't the symbol, that font has a ton of them, so it might be worth a look.

Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thanks guys!