1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Choosing between three universities for Physics

1. Apr 20, 2013 #1
    Hello, I have never posted on here before but I have spent a bit of time reading these forums over the past year or so. Anyways, I am finishing up at my local community college in the next two weeks and I just began to receive my first few acceptance and rejection letters for universities and am looking for some guidance. I was recently accepted to CSU Long Beach, Cal Poly Pomona, and ASU for Physics.

My educational goal is to go to graduate school and get a PhD. In what exactly I don't know, I am keeping my eyes open for potential possibilities I have not thought of before until I nail down a decision in terms of that. However, I do intend on doing research at whichever university I choose to go to and also get started on some internships.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any help is much appreciated. Have a great day! :)

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 21, 2013 #2
    I just realized it cut out my question. Does anyone recommend any one in particular out of the three? If so why. Any criteria for your selection is welcome. The more opinions the merrier! ^_^

4. Apr 28, 2013 #3
    Does anyone have any guidance to choosing between these three universities when it comes to Physics? Has anyone been to any of these schools and completed a Physics program?

5. Apr 29, 2013 #4
    Judging by this thread:
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=649034
    You shouldn't have much difficulty in maintaining a high GPA at ASU, which will make all the difference in getting into a graduate program (although irrespectively of your level of understanding).
    You're also very likely to get to do research as an undergrad there, which will help immensely.

6. Apr 29, 2013 #5
    Awesome! Cal poly pomona recently sent me an invitation to go hear/watch their undergrad seniors deliver their senior projects. I figure that when my finals are complete I'll check it out and see if I can talk to some professors and students to get the inside scoop. Another question do you know anything about internship opportunities through any of these schools?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook