1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Choosing fundamental journals or conferences

1. Nov 29, 2016 #1
    I have done a fundamental research about relativity but i cant find right journal or conference.
    can anyone help me?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 29, 2016 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Hi Farhad70,

There might be a small language issue with your question. Do you mean you have done some research and are looking for an appropriate journal to submit to?

If so, this is a question you really need to be talking over with your advisor. As a general approach you can start with the journals that you have cited most frequently in your work and the ones that you read on a regular basis and then narrow the list by which one publishes the most similar articles.

4. Nov 29, 2016 #3
    Sorry for my language.

yes
    I have done some research and i am looking for an appropriate journal to submit to.

I dont have any advisor and my work is very basic and no one talk about that in many years. I'm looking for an appropriate journal about special relativity.
    I have no one to help me in my country and i need physics forum's members to help me.
    If you help me ...

5. Nov 29, 2016 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

We have frequent question of this nature, and it always rings my dubious bells each time I see it.

Here's the issue. One typically has to read A LOT of papers when one is doing research work. Otherwise, how would one knows if what one is working on is new, valid, correct, incorrect, not interesting, etc...etc. One must also already knows how to (i) write a proper paper and (ii) be aware of all the various journals out there in that particular field. This is because one has read all of these papers and has paid attention to where they were published.

Thus, when you ask a question like this, it creates something of a puzzle to me on whether you really have studied the ample amount of papers that have already been published in whatever area that you are "researching", and whether you have paid any attention to where those papers have been published. After all, you DO have references to cite in this "paper" that you intend to publish, don't you?

Zz.

6. Nov 29, 2016 #5
    I'm grateful for your answer.

I studied Michael Faraday's experimental researches, Maxwell's works, Oliver Heaviside's works, Lorentz's work and around three thousands pages for my research.
    These works published in many years ago.

Anyway, I'm grateful for your help.
    P.S : Whatever more and more I walk this road, I'm sure that no one can realize my idea and my work.

7. Nov 29, 2016 #6

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Does that mean that you have zero references from within the last century? Do you think that the field hasn't advanced at all since then?

Zz.

8. Nov 30, 2016 #7
    Yes
    I dont have any references from 20 & 21 century.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted