Circuit inside DC boost step up pulse power module

In summary, the conversation is about a person asking for help in understanding the circuit inside a DC boost step up pulse generator they purchased from eBay. They mention it being a 400kV type and having difficulty finding information about it online. Another person suggests that it may be similar to a flyback inverter and provides a link to a schematic. The original person also mentions using x-ray scanning to identify the components inside.
evan manalu
Any one know circuit inside DC boost step up pulse generator?
I have this one buy from ebay 400Kv type,i want to know how this work by circuit inside..
I had googling and not found result..
Please help me..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 824
Engineering news on Phys.org
evan manalu said:
Any one know circuit inside DC boost step up pulse generator?
I have this one buy from ebay 400Kv type,i want to know how this work by circuit inside..
I had googling and not found result..
Please help me..
400kV? Is that a typo? What is the application?

I'd expect it to at least have a current limiting resistor and a capacitor, like a car ignition. But the nature of the arc makes me think there is more.

Right..
More like pulse with modulator..
And i have x-ray scaning
But dificult to identify the component inside
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1448086531.043235.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1448086565.309261.jpg

Last edited:
evan manalu said:
And i have x-ray scaning
But dificult to identify the component inside
imageuploadedbyphysics-forums1448086565-309261-jpg.92160.jpg
The large dark silhouette resembles the EHT transformer from a TV: a square ferrite core with the bulges being two separated windings. The other components would form the oscillator and driver to pulse the primary winding of that transformer.

What is a DC boost step up pulse power module?

A DC boost step up pulse power module is an electronic circuit that is designed to increase the voltage of a direct current (DC) power source. This type of module is commonly used in various applications such as battery chargers, LED drivers, and power supplies.

How does a DC boost step up pulse power module work?

The module uses a combination of inductors, capacitors, and switches to convert the input DC voltage into a higher DC voltage output. The inductor stores energy from the input source and releases it in pulses to the output through the use of the switches. This pulsing action increases the output voltage.

What are the benefits of using a DC boost step up pulse power module?

One of the main benefits is the ability to increase the voltage of a DC power source without the use of a bulky transformer. This makes the module more compact and efficient. It also provides a stable and regulated output voltage, which is important for sensitive electronic devices.

What are some common applications of a DC boost step up pulse power module?

Some common applications include powering low voltage devices such as LED lights, motors, and sensors. It can also be used in battery charging circuits to increase the voltage of a low battery to a level suitable for charging. Additionally, it is used in power supplies for electronic devices that require a higher voltage than the available power source.

Are there any drawbacks to using a DC boost step up pulse power module?

One potential drawback is that the pulsing action of the module can create electromagnetic interference (EMI), which may affect nearby electronic devices. In addition, the output voltage may not be completely stable under varying load conditions. It is important to consider these factors when using a DC boost step up pulse power module in a specific application.