Civil to Biomedical engineering?

• Thread starter Mddrill
  • Start date
Hi, Im a junior studying civil engineering. I am wondering if I could get into a biomedical engineering graduate program with a civil engineering bachelor's. I've read online that EE is the best bachelors degree to get into a BME grad program, but I would rather stay with civil because im pretty sure it would take longer to graduate if I transferred to EE. Could I get into a BME grad program with a civil engineering degree? would I be at a disadvantage vs someone with a EE or ME degree?

Answers and Replies

Student100
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Hi, Im a junior studying civil engineering. I am wondering if I could get into a biomedical engineering graduate program with a civil engineering bachelor's. I've read online that EE is the best bachelors degree to get into a BME grad program, but I would rather stay with civil because im pretty sure it would take longer to graduate if I transferred to EE. Could I get into a BME grad program with a civil engineering degree? would I be at a disadvantage vs someone with a EE or ME degree?

You would be at a disadvantage to anyone with a bio-medical engineering degree, why not change majors to what you want to go to graduate school for?