- Author: Stephen T. Thornton (Author), Jerry B. Marion (Author)
- Title: Classical Dynamics of Particles and Systems
- Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0534408966/?tag=pfamazon01-20
- Prerequisities: Calculus, Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations, Introductory Physics
- Level Undergraduate Upper Level
Table of Contents: 5th Ed
1. Matrices, Vectors, and Vector Calculus.
2. Newtonian Mechanics--Single Particle.
4. Nonlinear Oscillations and Chaos.
6. Some Methods in the Calculus of Variations.
7. Hamilton's Principle--Lagrangian and Hamiltonian Dynamics.
8. Central-Force Motion.
9. Dynamics of a System of Particles.
10. Motion in a Noninertial Reference Frame.
11. Dynamics of Rigid Bodies.
12. Coupled Oscillations.
13. Continuous Systems: Waves.
14. The Special Theory of Relativity.