Cloudflare blocked me when I clicked on a link

Tom.G
Science Advisor
Gold Member
ATTENTION: @Greg Bernhardt

Viewing post https://www.physicsforums.com/posts/7086547
I clicked on the link "USA" just below the image -- https://www.physicsforums.com/javascript:setPOESUS()
and got this message:

Sorry, you have been blocked​

You are unable to access physicsforums.com​

Cloudflare Ray ID: 882f4ad15a0c2f57•Your IP:66.214.147.210

Could not post this msg.
Closed & reopened browser, removed PF cookies, trying again. If you get this, it worked.

• Wow
Likes Stavros Kiri and Rive
Physics news on Phys.org
1715585752484.png

Yep. Me too.

Likes Stavros Kiri
The problem is that the links in @Stavros Kiri's post makes no sense. I suspect those links were relative links on the original site and PF mangled them when they were pasted in, and the result is a rather suspicious looking URL which CloudFlare (reasonably enough) blocks.

I also get blocked if I follow the links, but had no trouble going back and continuing to other pages. I would guess that your rather elderly browser is letting you down there, I'm afraid.

Likes Greg Bernhardt and Stavros Kiri
Ibix said:
I would guess that your rather elderly browser is letting you down there, I'm afraid.
Could well be a contributing, but not only, factor.
Note the blocking cleared after clearing the PF cookies, no Cloudflare cookies found.

Ibix said:
The problem is that the links in @Stavros Kiri's post makes no sense. I suspect those links were relative links on the original site and PF mangled them when they were pasted in, and the result is a rather suspicious looking URL which CloudFlare (reasonably enough) blocks.

I also get blocked if I follow the links, but had no trouble going back and continuing to other pages. I would guess that your rather elderly browser is letting you down there, I'm afraid.
Only those 4 links (for that post) about "USA", "Europe", "New Zealand", "Antarctica" ... [aurora forecast diagram display - "Current Auroral Oval"] – because they are indeed relative and internal [diagrams] in the original spaceweather.com site - [see also "3)" below ...]. 1) All other copied links that I checked so far open with no trouble. 2) By hitting the "return" button I get out of this completely & continue with no problem [as far as I know, in my browser, at least ...] (i.e. getting back on the post and opening other links ok etc. ...). 3) Perhaps the only way to open those 4 links is to get to the original site, because it modifies the original diagram display (and only that) on the spot on your screen [I think that explains too the peculiarity of those internal links ...].
P.S. I also just noted that on the thread there.

Last edited:
Stavros Kiri said:
Only those 4 links (for that post) about "USA", "Europe", "New Zealand", "Antarctica" ... [aurora forecast diagram display - "Current Auroral Oval"] – because they are indeed relative and internal [diagrams] in the original spaceweather.com site - [see also "3)" below ...].
Edit your post to remove them then. Also remove the table and the embedded spacer images.

pbuk said:
Edit your post to remove them then. Also remove the table and the embedded spacer images.
Edit time has elapsed. I always remove a lot more spacer images that you know. The problem is not in the table but in the links (only those 4). Waiting for Greg's reply first. All other links work. It's the first time for me to see that, but from the site they open just fine. Deleting the table or modifying the post as you suggest looses the point and limits it by loosing capability. Visiting the site works just fine though for now, and since I added a note it also directs the reader. If @Greg Bernhardt can fix the links by modifying them ... (I can't, although I tried), or else he can decide whether to delete perhaps just the links from the post or modify the post appropriately etc. .

Yeah you must have copied in links that trigger a javascript function and Cloudflare doesn't like it. I'll remove the links.

Likes Stavros Kiri
Greg Bernhardt said:
Yeah you must have copied in links that trigger a javascript function and Cloudflare doesn't like it. I'll remove the links.
Ok, thanks Greg !
[I also edited my note there to indicate the deletion of those 4 links]

Also thanks @Tom.G and the rest of the participants for pointing this out.

Last edited:
Likes Tom.G