Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,519
For that matter, there's also an Oregon, Ohio, just outside Toledo. I drove through there last year on my rust belt road trip.Ibix said:
There are a surprising number of towns with the same names as states different from the ones they're located in. An amusing example is Indiana, Pennsylvania, which is the home of Indiana University of Pennsylvania (no connection to either Indiana University or the University of Pennsylvania).

- 13,926
- 16,803
To be honest, I only discovered Idaho, Ohio because my US geography isn't much better than the New York/Texas/California gag (I know where Florida is too!). I put Ohio into Google, then Idaho, and one of the auto-completes caught my eye...jtbell said:For that matter, there's also an Oregon, Ohio, just outside Toledo. I drove through there last year on my rust belt road trip.
I think my wife knows a few more states - Alaska which ones.
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
There is also Ohio, New York, with a population of 1000.
There is also Ohio, asteroid belt, with a population of zero.
There is also Ohio, asteroid belt, with a population of zero.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Physicists found out ...
... but went in again.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,519
mfb said:There is also Ohio, New York, with a population of 1000.
So it appears at least some people in Ohio can see Russia from their house! No need to go all the way to Alaska.Wikipedia said:Ohio was increased by some of the now-defunct town of Wilmurt, which itself had been partly formed with territory from Ohio and the town of Russia in 1836.
Last edited:
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
There is also Russia, Ohio...
Fewmet
- 406
- 38
I've heard that Ohioville, NY was named by settlers who intended to go to migrate to Ohio, but stopped early and named the town after the intended destination.mfb said:There is also Ohio, New York, with a population of 1000.
(I read this in a newsletter for a rail trail in that area. Looking online for another source, I found it on Wikipedia, but it cites that same newsletter.)
- 20,819
- 28,467
I wanted to donate blood. But they've asked too many questions: "Whose blood is this?" "Where did you have it from?" ...
- 20,819
- 28,467
The two year old just ran against the door while staring at his coloring book.
I think he's ready now for his first smartphone.
I think he's ready now for his first smartphone.
Aufbauwerk 2045
One of the Doctor's new friends enters the Tardis for the first time. She is accompanied by Adric.
Friend: "Why is it bigger on the inside than on the outside?"
Adric: "Because it's dimensionally transcendental."
Friend: "What does that mean?"
Adric: "It means it's bigger on the inside than on the outside."
Friend: "Why is it bigger on the inside than on the outside?"
Adric: "Because it's dimensionally transcendental."
Friend: "What does that mean?"
Adric: "It means it's bigger on the inside than on the outside."
Stavros Kiri
- 1,148
- 1,014
A)
B)
Or it's smart to phone and ask a counselor to see if he is ready first! ...fresh_42 said:I think he's ready now for his first smartphone.
B)
Or he may just be already using Wi-fi ! ...fresh_42 said:The two year old just ran against the door while staring at his coloring book.
I think he's ready now for his first smartphone.
Last edited:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,519
mfb said:There is also Russia, Ohio...
We Ohioans do have a way with pronunciations of "foreign" names. Not far from my hometown is Vienna, pronounced "Vy-enna". And down near the Ohio River is Rio Grande, pronounced "Rye-oh Grand".Wilipedia said:The correct local pronunciation is "roo-shee", with the emphasis on the first syllable.
Stavros Kiri
- 1,148
- 1,014
jtbell said:So it appears at least some people in Ohio can see Russia from their house! No need to go all the way to Alaska.![]()
Well they can see Russia but not Moscow! ...mfb said:There is also Russia, Ohio...
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
Moscow, OhioStavros Kiri said:Well they can see Russia but not Moscow! ...
Stavros Kiri
- 1,148
- 1,014
Well but it's not in Russia [Ohio] ...mfb said:
Stavros Kiri
- 1,148
- 1,014
End Times Jokes:
"I am god and I decided there will be no End Times! ... I should be on my way now, because I hear an ambulance! ..."
+ another one (opposite view): "There will be no End Times! Simply there won't be enough time! ..."
And the busy people's approach: "End Times!? There's no time for that! [Are you kidding? There's more important things to do! ... Lol]"
"I am god and I decided there will be no End Times! ... I should be on my way now, because I hear an ambulance! ..."
+ another one (opposite view): "There will be no End Times! Simply there won't be enough time! ..."
And the busy people's approach: "End Times!? There's no time for that! [Are you kidding? There's more important things to do! ... Lol]"
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 9,747
- 11,967
fresh_42 said:I think he's ready now for his first smartphone.
and speaking of smartphones and personal "end time" ……Stavros Kiri said:And the busy people's approach: "End Times!? There's no time for that! [Are you kidding? There's more important things to do! ... Lol]"
Attachments
Stavros Kiri
- 1,148
- 1,014
He missed the alerts too! ...davenn said:
- 20,819
- 28,467
What we charge for an hour work:
- NORMAL: $40
- IF YOU WATCH: $60
- IF YOU HELP: $80
- IF YOU ALREADY BEGAN: $120
Psinter
- 278
- 785
Stavros Kiri
- 1,148
- 1,014
+ • If you've already "fixed it": $100,000fresh_42 said:What we charge for an hour work:
- NORMAL: $40
- IF YOU WATCH: $60
- IF YOU HELP: $80
- IF YOU ALREADY BEGAN: $120
Fig Neutron
- 60
- 95
Well he was one of the most vulgar characters. They had to bleep out every single word he said.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,519
Another flashback to fifth grade:
"What's that in the ditch?"
"Gomer's pile."
(cultural reference for those not familiar with 1960s TV shows in the US)
"What's that in the ditch?"
"Gomer's pile."
(cultural reference for those not familiar with 1960s TV shows in the US)
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,408
- 5,259
They ran a bunch of these on Jeopardy recently:jtbell said:Another flashback to fifth grade:
"What's that in the ditch?"
"Gomer's pile."
(cultural reference for those not familiar with 1960s TV shows in the US)
A pleasure trip for Suri's dad
Tom's cruise
Cherry stone for Angelina Jolie's life partner
Brad's pit
Bird belonging to a movie "Gladiator"
Russell's crow
Breakfast meat belonging to the movies' "Hollow Man"
Kevin's bacon
Rule of conduct by which 2004's "Alfie" lives
Jude's law
Walking stick for 1966's "Alfie"
Michael's cane
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8