Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
I recently met a girl. She promised to call me after work. Poor girl, she now works in the 72nd hour.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 9.11.01 AM.png
 
Attachments
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 9.11.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 9.11.01 AM.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 979
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Navin, Ibix, HAYAO and 2 others
Would you want to be mummified after you die, if it was a choice ?

No, it sounds like a pyramid scheme
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Jehannum, collinsmark, Charles Link and 1 other person
tried to catch fog.jpg
 
Attachments
  • tried to catch fog.jpg
    tried to catch fog.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 544
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Borg, Ibix, BillTre and 1 other person
Dear IsaAC:
Do you like me?

_____ Yes.
_____ No.
_____ There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer.

(credit: XKCD)
(reference: The Last Question)
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix and mfb
fount of all knowledge.jpg
 
Attachments
  • fount of all knowledge.jpg
    fount of all knowledge.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 851
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude, collinsmark, Stavros Kiri and 2 others
Did you know that after retiring from biology, Charles Darwin took up artistic paper-folding? He became very good at shapes of plants and animals, and even wrote a book about it: The Origami of Species.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexCaledin, davenn, BillTre and 2 others
jtbell said:
Did you know that after retiring from biology, Charles Darwin took up artistic paper-folding? He became very good at shapes of plants and animals, and even wrote a book about it: The Origami of Species.
That's odd. The story I heard was that he took up cookery, and became very good at finding the right herbs and spices for many plants and animals. He wrote a book, Of the Oregano on the Species.

That was after his study of the plants and animals of a West Coast American State.
On the Species of Oregon
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and BillTre
DrGreg said:
That's odd. The story I heard was that he took up cookery, and became very good at finding the right herbs and spices for many plants and animals. He wrote a book, Of the Oregano on the Species.

That was after his study of the plants and animals of a West Coast American State.
On the Species of Oregon
I'm getting old. I could have sworn it was On the spices of Oregon.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mfb, DrGreg and BillTre
I did contemplate putting this in "Science Jokes" thread ……..

To the Astronomy Club:
Der Sirs,
Tx 4 taking the thyme to reed my letir.
I am very upset with yor articel on how to make a reflecter telescop.
It doesn't work LOL.
This is the steps I walked to get the Astra foter.
Borrowed a parabolik parrybolik curved mirror from somebody who found it at the plaice where he works.
Dont have any a pipe tube thing so I hung it up with welding rods an string.
Also don't know what a eye peace is so just used my camera as the viewr coz I can always see picsures in the back thingy.
As u knw the moon was e clips 2nite & maarz closer so I tryed to take them.
Please advice.
Tx.

lunar_tic.jpg
 
Attachments
  • lunar_tic.jpg
    lunar_tic.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
If you replace "Please advice" with "I have proved that Einstein was wrong", you get the crackpot version. :oldtongue:
 
37353541_1054254228082782_3177237469221355520_n.png
 
Attachments
  • 37353541_1054254228082782_3177237469221355520_n.png
    37353541_1054254228082782_3177237469221355520_n.png
    126.7 KB · Views: 818
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: strangerep, jtbell and davenn
haha

dinosaurs.jpg
 
Attachments
  • dinosaurs.jpg
    dinosaurs.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 392
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: strangerep, AlexCaledin and BillTre
Doesn't give a lot of confidence in their abilities …..

department of planning.jpg
 
Attachments
  • department of planning.jpg
    department of planning.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 805
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Fig Neutron, Stavros Kiri, fresh_42 and 2 others
Here's a photo of the Arup Building on the New Museums site at Cambridge University: https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~ckh11/cam.html
You see all the grey cladding with the slightly rippled effect? It's lead. The rippling effect is unintentional - lead is soft enough to run slightly, and thin sheets mounted vertically become significantly thinner at the top over time. So every ten years or so, they have to take all the sheets off and re-mount them the other way up.

This building houses the Department of Materials Science.

(Or, at least, it did when I was a student there many years ago).
 
mfb said:
Ack! Must have copied the URL from the wrong tab or something. Thanks. Must remember to check my links...
mfb said:
Why would you install massive lead panels like that?
Something about using unusual materials for a materials science building, without actually discussing with the materials scientists was the story I heard. I don't know if that was departmental folk wisdom or what actually happened.
 
The only thing flat-earthers fear is sphere itself...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: strangerep, Stavros Kiri, jack action and 1 other person
Ibix said:
This building houses the Department of Materials Science.
Ouch! They probably weren't involved in the planning process, but the result is nevertheless somewhat embarrassing.

But why lead? Do they expect nuclear explosions nearby?
 
fresh_42 said:
But why lead? Do they expect nuclear explosions nearby?
Well, it's about 50m from the old Cavendish Lab. I heard they had to clean mercury out of the floorboards there after the physics department moved to its new building, and we didn't used to have the same respect for radioactive materials that we do now. So maybe it is shielding.

I suspect the explanation in #4730 is more plausible...
 
Ibix said:
I suspect the explanation in #4730 is more plausible...
But in this case I would have expected more different materials. E.g. lead glass would have had the same effect, but you only need to turn it upside down every few decades. :biggrin:
 
Mechanics homage to fine art!
tumblr_pbxe5jddSx1skbhujo1_640.jpg


7aa1c8fd40e3012261f19f0f21e251f4.jpg


renaissance-mechanics-photo-portraits-freddy-fabris-5.jpg


mecánicos-imitan-cuadros-renacentistas-4.jpg
 
Attachments
  • tumblr_pbxe5jddSx1skbhujo1_640.jpg
    tumblr_pbxe5jddSx1skbhujo1_640.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 445
  • 7aa1c8fd40e3012261f19f0f21e251f4.jpg
    7aa1c8fd40e3012261f19f0f21e251f4.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 412
  • renaissance-mechanics-photo-portraits-freddy-fabris-5.jpg
    renaissance-mechanics-photo-portraits-freddy-fabris-5.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 433
  • mecánicos-imitan-cuadros-renacentistas-4.jpg
    mecánicos-imitan-cuadros-renacentistas-4.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 491
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, Borg, Stavros Kiri and 3 others
My mechanic wanted to be an actor, but he couldn't get the parts.

(A recycled joke.)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: strangerep, davenn, collinsmark and 6 others
Clownfish joke: "With fronds like this, who needs anemones?"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix and davenn