Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
If you find the waterbed too hard try some water softener,
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Craftek_Ana, davenn, Ibix and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
@Bandersnatch , I DID tell that joke back in the mid 90's, not all that long after re-integration and before the waves and waves of refugee immigrants for the last decade or so.

Back at the time they had vivid memories of lots of battles between Russia and Germany or other Nations all going Through Poland, often with the scorched Earth behind the armies, so that the peasants were very much against war, ethnic jokes etc, anything that might bring war back to their region.

Now, a couple generations later, it may well have changed. But at the time, well, I drank plenty of ale and enjoyed talking cultural differences with these folks who, not long before, had been behind the Iron Curtain and enjoyed being able to converse with someone who understood their nation's basic plight: a nice flattish breadbasket amidst all these war-mongering neighbors who tended to use Poland as a road and supply source.
 
242903
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, Steelwolf and strangerep
@Steelwolf
I grew up in the 80s. I'm not talking about any recent attitudes. The jokes of my childhood, that trickled down from parents to the playground, ranged from chauvinistic to casually racists to vile slurs. The most common ones were about 'a Pole, a Ruskie and a German', with the Pole coming off invariably superior in every respect. I actually asked around, and everybody I talked to knows them, and agrees that they were around since at least the WWII.
If anything, I'd say these attitudes are being gradually eroded thanks to the society getting more open, affluent, and worldly (and the older generations dying out). That a quite large percentage of the society had a chance to live abroad after the transformation, and experience being the butt of the jokes, probably contributed to some newfound humility. But it still resurfaces in casual conversations even among people that should be more sophisticated than that.
Also, we aren't really getting any noticeable amounts of refugees here.
 
Q: How can I make people like me?
Clone yourself and they will be like you.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn, mfb, strangerep and 1 other person
WWGD said:
Q: How can I make people like me?
Clone yourself and they will be like you.
You know, there is also an old fashioned way to make people. What do you know about bees and flowers? The results usually will like you automatically.
 
fresh_42 said:
You know, there is also an old fashioned way to make people. What do you know about bees and flowers? The results usually will like you automatically.
Yes, but it is not just making people, it is making people like me.
 
WWGD said:
Yes, but it is not just making people, it is making people like me.
You can either make people and hope they will like you, or make people and assure they will be like you. In my experience, the former makes far more fun than the latter. On the other hand, we already have too many people on this rock who make people. Thus my ultimate suggestion is to rephrase this question:
How can I make me like people?
 
fresh_42 said:
How can I make me like people?
Everything tastes better with ketchup!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Bystander and Ibix
jbriggs444 said:
Everything tastes better with ketchup!
I thought the golden rule is: If in doubt add bacon! Although I prefer to add molten cheese.
 
fresh_42 said:
How can I make me like people?
You are quite similar to other people. You are also a human.
I think[/size].
 
I watched the Kentucky Derby on TV yesterday. It rained and the track was muddy. I was reminded of the Seinfeld TV episode, The Subway.

Man1: Exactly, this horse loves the slop. It's in his bloodlines. His father was a mudda', his mother was a mudda'.

Man2: His mudda' was a mudda'?

Man1: What did I just say?
 
Last edited:
An old dragon tells a younger dragon about these snacks he used to go out and find. See you had to go out and find the humans on horseback in their bright armor and cloth and you come down and flame em just enough so that they steam in the shell, then these well muscled Steamers are pretty darn good eating.

So the young dragon gets exited and hungry, dragging the old dragon out there and they are hunting and hunting and then the young dragon sees a bunch of bright white robes and color on humans all on mounts. So he starts his dive.

The Older Dragon, being more experienced in his snacking, takes a good, sharp look at the humans below and can make out travel worn flowing white robes and not horses but common asses: It is a group of mendicant Monks, soft, fat and greasy with distasteful perfumes! So He yells down to the younger dragon to "Wait, Come Back, Them's ain't Steamers, Them's Friars!
 
Saw this via Reddit, sharing it forward.
Technically, we can observe them. Also, what are bowls if not deep plates. 🤔
oqhm4hhg4uw21.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Filip Larsen, Steelwolf, 256bits and 3 others
mfb said:
You are quite similar to other people. You are also a human.
I think.
243127
 
A woman is accused of attacking her husband with several of his guitars
The judge asked " first offender?"
She replied, "no, first a Gibson, second a Fender"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, fresh_42, Steelwolf and 2 others
davenn said:
A woman is accused of attacking her husband with several of his guitars
The judge asked " first offender?"
She replied, "no, first a Gibson, second a Fender"
A typical three Ring marriage.
Engagement ring.
Wedding ring.
Then the Suffering.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby, Steelwolf, Craftek_Ana and 2 others
Another weird question on a Math site:
Why does Matrix multiplication work?
Because it does not get paid otherwise?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: strangerep and davenn
A lady is upset because every time she goes to the doctor, he asks her to take her clothes off for a checkup. One day , she's had enough: " Doctor, why do you ask me to take my clothes off every time I come?"
A: " Lady, if you don't like it, get another dentist!"
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: strangerep and Steelwolf
I bought this inexpensive second hand watch, but it's not very effective. All it's got is a second hand.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, davenn and Steelwolf
The large network collapsed, no internet.
Another Wan bites the dust!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, Steelwolf and Craftek_Ana
@Ophiolite I reckon that is what you get when you buy at the seconds shops. I will admit to being disappointed with Dollar Stores too, talk about misrepresentation in advertising.

Trying to get pictures of my friend's pup during that above described WAN disruption led to a Wan Lagged Dog picture.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix and davenn
Ophiolite said:
I bought this inexpensive second hand watch, but it's not very effective. All it's got is a second hand.
Perhaps it's also got a minute hand that's too minute to see?