Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
1650592894176.png
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and WWGD
Physics news on Phys.org
The car horn was invented to warn people in case of danger.

The proof of that is that everybody uses it when a couple gets married.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: artis, WWGD, Oldman too and 3 others
Today I learned that Ireland is the richest country in the world...

because its capital has been doublin' every year for the last hundred years.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: artis, mfb, WWGD and 5 others
jtbell said:
Today I learned that Ireland is the richest country in the world...

because its capital has been doublin' every year for the last hundred years.
Is this statement missing context? :wink:
 
jtbell said:
Today I learned that Ireland is the richest country in the world...

because its capital has been doublin' every year for the last hundred years.
A joke from the days after the 2008 recession/depression. What's the capital of Iceland? Around $2.50.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: artis, pinball1970, phinds and 1 other person
WWGD said:
What's the capital of Iceland: Around $2.50.
At current rates, that gives you... about... 257.14 Icelandic Krona! :smile:
 
Oldman too said:
At current rates, that gives you... about... 257.14 Icelandic Krona! :smile:
Seems like an additional few Kronos would be enough for a double shot Espresso.
 
WWGD said:
Enough for a double shot Espresso.
Hey, I got this round. I'm celebrating my Bearth day. :partytime:
 
Mark44 said:
The explanation is wrong.
The check was made out for $.002, which is the amount Randall Munroe was billed for. No amount of explanation on his part got through to the clueless Verizon employee he talked to.
##e^{i\pi} = -1## is what is written, not ##e^{2\pi}##. The explanation for the summation is correct.
The amount of the check is .002 - 1 + 1 = $0.002, or 2/10 of a cent.

Edit: Looks like several people beat me to the punch here.
No one was billed $.002, and Randall Munroe wasn't the Verizon customer.
George Vaccaro was billed $.002 per KB instead of 0.002 cents as advertised. Here is the original story
 
If a diploid ("2") cell splits in half, it becomes a haploid ("1/2") cell.

2/2 = 1/2 in biology.

No wonder they struggle with these concepts.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby and Oldman too
Gary Larson's "The Far Side" is a treasure trove of funny comics :smile: :

Time Machine.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, WWGD, Oldman too and 3 others
jtbell said:
Today I learned that Ireland is the richest country in the world...

because its capital has been doublin' every year for the last hundred years.
There are some in Belfast who might try to dispute this...
 
Schrödinger’s cat walks into a bar and he doesn’t.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Mark44, jack action and 4 others
I have many chemistry jokes, but I’m afraid they won’t get a good reaction... :rolleyes:
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, jack action, pinball1970 and 3 others
Oldman too said:
I have many chemistry jokes, but I’m afraid they won’t get a good reaction... :rolleyes:
On the other hand jokes about nuclear fission only work if enough good ones are concentrated at one spot...

A good stand up comedian on average can reach "prompt comicality" 10-15 mins into his routine, then he "bombs"...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, nuuskur and Oldman too
Oldman too said:
I have many chemistry jokes, but I’m afraid they won’t get a good reaction... :rolleyes:
All the best chemistry puns about noble gases are gone.
 
1650888592403.png
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Klystron, Oldman too, artis and 1 other person