Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
Borg said:
My wife says that I would be wrong for being in the forest. :oldeyes:
And besides that, wrong is the default setting by the manufacturer.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Borg and BillTre
Physics news on Phys.org
Vanadium 50 said:
I went to see a psychic. She asked me "what seems to be the problem." I replied "you tell me!"
(The above joke was recently posted in a serious thread, not here.)

When I'd booked to see a psychic, she had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: artis and berkeman
20220430_150442.jpg
 
DrGreg said:
(The above joke was recently posted in a serious thread, not here.)

When I'd booked to see a psychic, she had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances.
Two psychics had an appointment, but they never met.
 
Isn't there a Gary Larson cartoon with the First International Psychics Conference? Apparently everything went very well except for a slight tension stemming from the unforeseen faux pas of everyone wearing identical dresses.
 
Ibix said:
Isn't there a Gary Larson cartoon with the First International Psychics Conference? Apparently everything went very well except for a slight tension stemming from the unforeseen faux pas of everyone wearing identical dresses.
I can just imagine such meet, which gets tiresome, as every other statement is " I knew you were going to say that".
 
Yes, accordions can be considered to be weapons... :smile:

Accordion Weapon.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, Oldman too and WWGD
WWGD said:
Try a reverse look up. The lower right address has a .ru extension.
Yes, but the language isn't Cyrillic and the truck looks as if it drives on the left. The sign that indicates a zone for pedestrians is used in Europe. My guess: somewhere in the UK, or maybe Ireland.
 
my neighbour came down knocking at my door at 3am this the morning. screaming and shouting like a total nut job.luckily for him i was already up practicing my bagpipes.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron, DrClaude, Wrichik Basu and 4 others
fresh_42 said:
Yes, but the language isn't Cyrillic and the truck looks as if it drives on the left. The sign that indicates a zone for pedestrians is used in Europe. My guess: somewhere in the UK, or maybe Ireland.
True, I just referred ( or should have) to the nationality of the taker of the pic.
 
artis said:
Here is a joke from me, back when I was younger I learned some German in school, the basics. I knew that schwarz is black in German and "schwarze" means black as for a person, right @mfb ?
And "negger" translates from German as negro.
"Schwarze" is the plural, black people. "Neger" would be "negro", with two "g" it's not a German word.

In a compound word the first one should somehow make the second one more specific (e.g. "Segelboot", sail boat, is a specific type of boat). Combining "Schwarze" and "Neger" wouldn't make sense, but if we ignore that it should probably be "Schwarzenneger" to combine the two.

Many German last names end in "er", referring to a job or less commonly a place. English has the same "er" e.g. for mill -> Miller or New York -> New Yorker.
 
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Oldman too, artis and dextercioby
1651498010097.png


Reminds me of the time a bunch of plumbing equipment thieves stole all of the toilettes out of a police station. The cops were trying to find clues as to who did it but they didn't have a thing to go on.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, jack action and BillTre
phinds said:
View attachment 300911

Reminds me of the time a bunch of plumbing equipment thieves stole all of the toilettes out of a police station. The cops were trying to find clues as to who did it but they didn't have a thing to go on.
Or that time someone stole a load of dogs from a breeder. Police were looking for the culprits, but didn't have any leads.
 
* As I watch this generation try and rewrite our history, one thing I'm sure of ... it will be misspelled and have no punctuation.

* Do you ever get up in the morning, look in the mirror and think, "That can't be accurate."

* I'm on two diets. I wasn't getting enough food on one.

* Apparently RSVPing to a wedding invitation, "Maybe next time," isn't the correct response.

* Felt uncomfortable driving into the cemetery. The GPS blurted out, "You have reached your final destination."

* My mind is like an internet browser. At least 19 open tabs, 3 of them are frozen and I have no clue where the music is coming from.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby, artis, jack action and 8 others