Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,334 replies · 3M views
1680883406582.png
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, collinsmark, WWGD and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
DrGreg said:
Oh no, composer puns are Bach again. There must be a Liszt of them somewhere.
This ain't a list. It is a sad revelation that English native speakers are so ignorant that they never even try to correctly pronounce other people's names.
 
fresh_42 said:
It is a sad revelation that English native speakers are so ignorant that they never even try to correctly pronounce other people's names.
No matter how you pronounce a composer's name, there will be some village in Britain where the pun intended is the accepted pronunciation. Indeed, I like to guess the county or region in which the pun originated.
 
Baluncore said:
No matter how you pronounce a composer's name, there will be some village in Britain where the pun intended is the accepted pronunciation. Indeed, I like to guess the county or region in which the pun originated.
I am sick of Haydn, Bach, etc. jokes. I had to read three of them just today. We do not speak about Troomp, Beeden, Toucher, or Yonsohn either. Why can't English speakers at least try? Start with Italian names, then French, and then German ones.

And Bach doesn't even remotely sound like back.
Here is a sound sample: https://dict.leo.org/englisch-deutsch/Bach
 
Last edited:
fresh_42 said:
Why can't English speakers at least try? Start with Italian names, then French
Oh please, don't give them ideas about French, I got this one this week:

kk1hjdhmn5d71.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Mondayman, pinball1970 and WWGD
fresh_42 said:
Sorry, I don't get it. I know how to pronounce Honoré de Balzac, but not in English.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: WWGD and fresh_42
fresh_42 said:
And Bach doesn't even remotely sound like back.
'Bach' does sound like 'back' with the Doric accent, from Aberdeen in Scotland.
 
I see no height limit sign, which suggests it was not unduly low.
Maybe it was bent by the wind, sufficiently to foul the load.
Maybe the load was over height, because the driver had kangaroos in his top paddock.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and topsquark
My friend visited Russia, steppe by steppe.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, jack action and BillTre
Screen shot excerpt from an online questionnaire I was required to fill out for jury duty. Trick question?

Trick Question.png
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: berkeman, pinball1970, Wrichik Basu and 4 others
Baluncore said:
'Bach' does sound like 'back' with the Doric accent, from Aberdeen in Scotland.
How about ' Wattarr' ( Water)? Is that from somewhere in Scotland?