Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 13,926
- 16,803
Abbreviation is a long word because it shares a stem with abbreviated, which has to be long because if it were short it couldn't be abbreviated.berkeman said:
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,800
- 2,203
The short form is "brief".
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,518
OK, let's extend the bracket.
Morning people vs. internet trolls?
Social media oversharers vs. telemarketers?
The "I'm offended crowd" vs. cyclists?
Looks like we need another pairing for a complete bracket. Any suggestions?
Self righteous vegans vs. coffee snobs?
Morning people vs. internet trolls?
Social media oversharers vs. telemarketers?
The "I'm offended crowd" vs. cyclists?
Looks like we need another pairing for a complete bracket. Any suggestions?
Self righteous vegans vs. coffee snobs?
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,097
'Marine' anything.jrmichler said:The word tactical has been overused to describe guns, gun accessories, clothing, and clothing accessories. But this, I believe, crosses the line into lame jokes:
"Don't get that dental floss, landlubber. Use marine dental floss. What, are you, new??"
"Ah! OK. Marine dental floss is superior?"
"It's three times the cost."
"And?"
"And what?"
Last edited:
- 13,926
- 16,803
Tactical screwdriver! This is no drill!
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,800
- 2,203
nsaspook,
The video Rockwell Encabulator,
I understood nothing. Man points to various things and explains who-knows-what in very fancy terminology. Maybe that was the point of the "lame joke". Sometimes when I try to explain to a family member about the benefit of registering for some different email service or anything related to such, the family member also understands nothing. I might only guess that some members understood the meaning of the video.
The video Rockwell Encabulator,
I understood nothing. Man points to various things and explains who-knows-what in very fancy terminology. Maybe that was the point of the "lame joke". Sometimes when I try to explain to a family member about the benefit of registering for some different email service or anything related to such, the family member also understands nothing. I might only guess that some members understood the meaning of the video.
- 13,926
- 16,803
Google is your friend.symbolipoint said:nsaspook,
The video Rockwell Encabulator,
I understood nothing. Man points to various things and explains who-knows-what in very fancy terminology. Maybe that was the point of the "lame joke". Sometimes when I try to explain to a family member about the benefit of registering for some different email service or anything related to such, the family member also understands nothing. I might only guess that some members understood the meaning of the video.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_encabulator
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,800
- 2,203
I went directly to YouTube, found the video, and read some of the comments, so I understood what was meant. Much clearer now. The point was that the engineer could not explain anything that "laymen" could understand. I will soon check the wikipedia link.Ibix said:
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,800
- 2,203
And now I see! My reaction to that video was exactly the one intended.Ibix said:
(edit: minor grammatical adjustment for clarity)
Last edited:
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,097
Internet nostalgic.symbolipoint said:The video Rockwell Encabulator,
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,855
- 12,705
Guess he could have used the Holy Hand Grenade (of Antioch).davenn said:
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
- 13,926
- 16,803
Also: those seem to be six-bar gates.jtbell said:
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,097
A few years ago, I fished a small plank of wood, maybe 8 inches square, out of the lagoon at our yacht club. Rather than just toss it in the dumpster, I toured our local thrift shops until I came across a Barbie and Ken doll pair for a buck or two each. I bolted the Barbie sitting on the plank and bolted Ken hanging off the edge by his arms, his body in the water. Then I threw the whole thing back into the lagoon for someone else to find.
Last edited:
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 1,387
- 1,652
Did your experiment answer the oft-debated question: was there, or was there not, enough extra room on the plank to fully accommodateDaveC426913 said:Then I threw the whole thing back into the lagoon for someone else to find.
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8