Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,334 replies · 3M views
1690858234535.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri, WWGD, Borg and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
davenn said:
1690858499747-png.png
In 2001, the 4th most popular religion in England and Wales was Jedi, according to that year's census.

That's not a joke: it really happened. See Jedi census phenomenon.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, jack action and phinds
Normal person in a plane that's in a steep dive and going to hit the ground in 8 seconds: "AAARRRRGGGG --- we're all gonna die !!!"

Fighter Pilot in a plane that's in a steep dive and going to hit the ground in 8 seconds: "8 seconds? Hell, I can pull us out of this in 6." Yawn.
 
I still remember the top picture. Those flights were awesome.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri and BillTre
Waiter, I'll have a Pepsi.
Do you want it in the can?
No, I'll have it here in the table.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri, davenn and nuuskur
BillTre said:
When I went to my undergrad in the late 80s, there was a very progressive female movement there. Now, I'm all for equal rights and everything, but I usually hold a door open for the person behind me and this one time it was a woman and she said "I can open my own door, thank you not!" (I would have held it for a man if one had been behind me.) I am aware that not all women are like that but, sheesh! Because there's the other set of women that get mad when you don't hold the door for them.

-Dan
 
topsquark said:
I usually hold a door open for the person behind me
The pandemic added a whole new (non gender related) layer to this. I've held more doors open for others behind me during these last couple years than my whole lifetime before that... :smile:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: topsquark and Wrichik Basu


Not really a joke but thought I'd share, this is how a large majority in eastern Europe feels.
 
  • Care
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and phinds
Because Q was already taken.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, nuuskur, BillTre and 2 others
Give a man a plane ticket and he'll fly for a day;
Push a man out of a plane at 30 000 ft and he'll fly for the rest of his life.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude, nuuskur, artis and 4 others
THE RULES OF GAMES IN OUR CHILDHOOD​
  1. The big one is always the goalkeeper
  2. The match only ends if all the players are tired (except rule 6)
  3. Whatever the score, the team that scores the last goal wins the match
  4. There is no referee
  5. There is no penalty unless the fault is serious
  6. If the owner of the ball gets angry, the game is over
  7. The 2 best players cannot play in the same team so each one chooses their players
  8. If you are chosen last it is a humiliation
  9. If there is a penalty, the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player in the team
  10. When the ball leaves the field, far away, the one who hit the ball will get it
  11. The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball otherwise the match is stopped.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and Borg
Can someone please give me Avogadro's number?

I had it, but when changing phones I lost it, need to speak to him urgently! Joke credit - Eric Metaxas from Socrates in the city talk.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, WWGD, nuuskur and 1 other person
artis said:
Can someone please give me Avogadro's number?

I had it, but when changing phones I lost it, need to speak to him urgently! Joke credit - Eric Metaxas from Socrates in the city talk.
I've seen his toast advertised as well.
 
artis said:
Can someone please give me Avogadro's number?

I had it, but when changing phones I lost it, need to speak to him urgently!
I hear that Avogadro has now settled down. Until a few years ago, he kept changing his number.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude and nuuskur
DrGreg said:
I hear that Avogadro has now settled down. Until a few years ago, he kept changing his number.
I note that 602 is a Phoenix, Arizona area code, so there may be someone with the number 602 2140760. All UK area codes start with a zero. 0602 used to be Nottingham, but has been retired I think. Maybe he moved to Phoenix...?