Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
This Schrödinger company seems to have a great offer. You find tools of every kind:

_nc_ohc=M1pxq1VRH50AX-0ZN_a&_nc_ht=scontent-fra3-1.jpg
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, nuuskur, berkeman and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
People today apparently only use LOL anymore. I remember the 90s when all this started, people also used ROFL (rolling on the floor laughing). I don't know what's in the air tonight but I still ROFL about the roadrunner joke above. And here is another ROFL about a cartoon:

_nc_ohc=dGmMsW5R264AX84eybG&_nc_ht=scontent-fra3-1.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu
ROFLSTC
(Rolling on the floor laughing scaring the cats)
 
WWGD said:
I've seen his [Avogadro's] toast advertised as well.
Is that the stuff that's slathered with guaca-mole?
 
WWGD said:
I liked the one about the cistern and the brothern.
I liked the "Oops" of nuclear physicists.
 
fresh_42 said:
I liked the "Oops" of nuclear physicists.
A Homer Simpson type?
 
WWGD said:
A Homer Simpson type?
Yep! The most famous упс ever spoken was on the 26th of April 1986 at 01:23 near a small Ukrainian town.
 
jedishrfu said:
Nooooo! Diet Dr Pepper more fffizz and less ix.

"Boy who is not able to satisfactorily explain what a Hrung is, nor why it should choose to collapse on Betelgeuse Seven"?
 
collinsmark said:
"Boy who is not able to satisfactorily explain what a Hrung is, nor why it should choose to collapse on Betelgeuse Seven"?
+1 obscure reference...
 
topsquark said:
What's obscure about HHTTG? I used to have pretty much that whole book memorized.
HHGTTG isn't obscure, agreed. But IIRC the Ix nickname is a one-time throwaway comment that's never referenced again and just a tiny bit of background lore. That's a bit more obscure.
 
Ibix said:
HHGTTG isn't obscure, agreed. But IIRC the Ix nickname is a one-time throwaway comment that's never referenced again and just a tiny bit of background lore. That's a bit more obscure.
I'm not arguing... but I call that "trivia." :)

-Dan
 
topsquark said:
I'm not arguing... but I call that "trivia." :)
Ibix said:
I call it "obscure trivia". ;-)
Which of you has the red sofa?
 
Jeez, I didn't know there were HGTTG references I wouldn't get. I'm slacking...
 
DaveC426913 said:
Jeez, I didn't know there were HGTTG references I wouldn't get. I'm slacking...
I'm worse. I thought it was gene sequencing until I realized it contained an H.
Edit: Or some new Internet protocol, like HTTP3.
 
Last edited:
fresh_42 said:
View attachment 330220

Well, if you say so.
I remember another ' Made in China' baby shirt ( edit : tag) recommending the baby be removed before washing the shirt.
 
Last edited: