Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
artis
- 1,479
- 977
DrGreg said:I hear that Avogadro has now settled down. Until a few years ago, he kept changing his number.
Maybe he's a "mole"?...Ibix said:I note that 602 is a Phoenix, Arizona area code, so there may be someone with the number 602 2140760. All UK area codes start with a zero. 0602 used to be Nottingham, but has been retired I think. Maybe he moved to Phoenix...?
- 19,385
- 15,622
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
- 20,819
- 28,467
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
I think they came back. To teach us how to build pyramids. They have really given up when we could only think of one way to use them:fresh_42 said:
- 13,926
- 16,804
I'm thinking of opening a restaurant called Karma. There'll be no menu - you'll just get what you deserve.
- 13,926
- 16,804
If it's successful I'll open another place that doesn't sell main courses. I'll call that one Just Desserts.Ibix said:I'm thinking of opening a restaurant called Karma. There'll be no menu - you'll just get what you deserve.
- 20,819
- 28,467
And for the great opening, you will reunite Oasis?Ibix said:If it's successful I'll open another place that doesn't sell main courses. I'll call that one Just Desserts.
... run and hide ...
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,098
I don't get it.nuuskur said:
- 20,819
- 28,467
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decline_in_insect_populationsDaveC426913 said:I don't get it.
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,098
Yeah, I suspected as much. But there's not really a punchline.fresh_42 said:
[ EDIT ] Oh. There really is an irony though I guess.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windshield_phenomenon
- 20,819
- 28,467
The punchline is that we are happy with a fact that actually is a catastrophe.DaveC426913 said:Yeah, I suspected as much. But there's not really a punchline.
- 2,020
- 843
Fewer bugs = fewer spiders. That's a win to me!fresh_42 said:The punchline is that we are happy with a fact that actually is a catastrophe.
-Dan
- 20,819
- 28,467
To me as well. I don't have kids, so I do not care what will be left. I don't think that our species deserves survival. At least not those who constantly trade nature for profit. Those few tribes in the Amazonas who don't still have chances to survive when our modern world will long be gone.topsquark said:Fewer bugs = fewer spiders. That's a win to me!
-Dan
- 20,819
- 28,467
We will talk again after the Gulf Stream collapsed.WWGD said:And I believe northern countries may benefit from slight amounts of warming over the long run.
Your "belief" is (un?)fortunately irrelevant to facts.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Well, NYC had been under ice once ... (I'm not sure about "under water". A pretty safe bet.)WWGD said:Given previous failed predictions, I won't hold my breath. A prediction is not a fact.
- 19,385
- 15,622
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,098
Proactively looking for investors in my Orange grove business here in Canada.WWGD said:And I believe northern countries may benefit from slight amounts of warming over the long run.
- 2,020
- 843
Oh, I care about the environment and the rest. If we are going to destroy the environment the way we apparently are, it's not very nice of us to take a number of other species down with us.fresh_42 said:To me as well. I don't have kids, so I do not care what will be left. I don't think that our species deserves survival. At least not those who constantly trade nature for profit. Those few tribes in the Amazonas who don't still have chances to survive when our modern world will long be gone.
It's just that I'm allergic to spider venom (think bee stings) and I've become a serious arachniphobe. I'd far rather deal with the extra bugs!
-Dan
- 20,819
- 28,467
We have had "Earth Day" these days, in the first week of August!topsquark said:Oh, I care about the environment and the rest. If we are going to destroy the environment the way we apparently are, it's not very nice of us to take a number of other species down with us.
It's just that I'm allergic to spider venom (think bee stings) and I've become a serious arachniphobe. I'd far rather deal with the extra bugs!
-Dan
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
- 5,629
- 1,778
"Lame Jokes" has gone to the "Knacker's?" What's it still doing here?fresh_42 said:We have had "Earth Day" these days, in the first week of August!
https://www.google.com/search?q=kna...EzNzcxajBqN6gCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8