Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 22,832
- 14,880
- 19,385
- 15,622
- 19,385
- 15,622
Weeelll ... not really. In the one he posted, they are going to finish putting the plane together with glue and thumb tacks. In the one I posted, they used duct tape, a clearly superior fabrication technique, based on a sound engineering principle **.BvU said:A striking resemblance ....
** the "duct tape principle" --- if it doesn't move but should, WD40 --- if it moves but shouldn't, duct tape.
difalcojr
- 459
- 352
Sound shopworn advice.
In the other case, e.g. that of a stuck throttle, you need a WD-40 squirter just like you say. As in the case of a descending airplane trying to land with a stuck throttle! As in the case of @russ_watters recent experience. And survival, hoorah! And, of course, I read of his hair-raising tale after I had also posted snide comics here on Boeing's blunders with the door plug. My apologies, this was unintended.
@russ_watters, you have nerves of steel to have done that. To overcome what was, I'm sure, a first and very strong, panic feeling. As you described it, you thought correctly and very quickly on exactly what were the correct things to do. And did them all!!!! I applaud your skill and bravery in such danger.
I might look into getting @russ_watters a small statue of Joseph of Cupertino, the patron saint of travelers and pilots. Maybe he could glue it to the dashboard, or keep it in the glovebox. If there is a statue available; he was heavyset.
In the other case, e.g. that of a stuck throttle, you need a WD-40 squirter just like you say. As in the case of a descending airplane trying to land with a stuck throttle! As in the case of @russ_watters recent experience. And survival, hoorah! And, of course, I read of his hair-raising tale after I had also posted snide comics here on Boeing's blunders with the door plug. My apologies, this was unintended.
@russ_watters, you have nerves of steel to have done that. To overcome what was, I'm sure, a first and very strong, panic feeling. As you described it, you thought correctly and very quickly on exactly what were the correct things to do. And did them all!!!! I applaud your skill and bravery in such danger.
I might look into getting @russ_watters a small statue of Joseph of Cupertino, the patron saint of travelers and pilots. Maybe he could glue it to the dashboard, or keep it in the glovebox. If there is a statue available; he was heavyset.
- 19,385
- 15,622
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 13,438
- 8,110
Does double-sided duck tape help prevent bird strikes?Baluncore said:How much duct tape does it require, before a high-bypass turbojet, becomes a ducted fan?
Last edited:
- 19,385
- 15,622
No, but it does prevent the ricochets.jbriggs444 said:Does double-sided duck tape help prevent bird strikes?
256bits
Gold Member
- 4,284
- 2,297
is the single sided duct tape called Klein duct tape?jbriggs444 said:Does double-sided duck tape help prevent bird strikes?
View attachment 338703
- 19,385
- 15,622
No, Klein duct tape would be double sided duct tape (or just a plastic strip)256bits said:is the single sided duct tape called Klein duct tape?
- 19,385
- 15,622
- 22,832
- 14,880
- 13,926
- 16,804
How many of us have just done 17×19 in our heads because of an image macro of a pair of chimps?
- 22,832
- 14,880
For the record, this is how I do it in my head:Ibix said:How many of us have just done 17×19 in our heads because of an image macro of a pair of chimps?
17x(20-1) = 340-17 = 323
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
I tried a few things but couldn't make it work. It's hard to try more since I can't tell the difference myself. Working on it.phinds said:@WWGD your pics are STILL too dark. Since you are the only one on the forum for whom this happens, it's clearly on your end. Can't you fix it?
Last edited:
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8