Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,334 replies · 3M views
1736123284401.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sagittarius A-Star, jack action, Ibix and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
This literally happened to me just on Friday with my 20 month old grandson.

He does not distinguish between home computer and work computer. "Poopah"'s home computer plays CocoMelon.

He came in while I had stepped away for a second and managed to send ''.'/'/''// (including pressing Enter) to my entire Slack team before I could stop him.

What could I do but follow up with "Grandson says say hi, apparently."

Luckily everyone sent :biggrin:.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking, jack action and Arjan82
1736133798377.png
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking, jtbell, collinsmark and 2 others
DaveC426913 said:
and managed to send ''.'/'/''// (including pressing Enter)
Seeing all those slashes, my heart skipped a beat as my brain quickly jumped to "rm -rf /*" and went directly to 😱.
 
jack action said:
Seeing all those slashes, my heart skipped a beat as my brain quickly jumped to "rm -rf /*" and went directly to 😱.
I once intended to do ”rm -rf *~” in a project folder about a week before it was to go on the arXiv. Only problem: I managed to hit enter before ~ …

Luckily most of the project files were still open in emacs and therefore buffered. Simply saving them again restored essentially everything without need to come crawling to the institute’s admins to access the backup servers …
 
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude, jack action, collinsmark and 1 other person
jack action said:
Seeing all those slashes, my heart skipped a beat as my brain quickly jumped to "rm -rf /*" and went directly to 😱.
Indeed. Between him and his older sister, they have started a game of "Mash Poopah's keyboard as much as possible." I have seen a Command Prompt open with -f in typed in it. So we don't play them game anymore.

Here's the original:
1736178722936.png
 
"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

"Retired."
 
Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking
Orodruin said:
I once intended to do ”rm -rf *~” in a project folder about a week before it was to go on the arXiv. Only problem: I managed to hit enter before ~ …
I once did a "$ delete [...]*.*;*" under VAX/VMS while accidentally having my working directory at the top of the file system. This is almost the same command -- a recursive removal of everything at or below the working directory. As I recall, I was fortunate to do it under version 2.5 where the command was bugged so that the recursive removal did not take place. I think it aborted at the first file protection violation rather then proceeding to the next file as it should have.
 
Mayhem said:
People who adhere to this expiration date have the same rights as us.
??? What does that even mean?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and DaveC426913
What language do turkeys speak?

Gobbledygook.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII, BillTre, Ivan Seeking and 1 other person
Dr Kevorkian, a renowned pianist, put out an album recently: " Dr Kevorkian: Unplugged".
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, BillTre, Ivan Seeking and 2 others
In the movie Frozen, Princess Elsa sang icy arias in icy areas.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, Orodruin, jtbell and 1 other person
Iron Man stops the bad guys. Aluminum Man foils them.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, Ivan Seeking and berkeman
Borg said:
In the movie Frozen, Princess Elsa sang icy arias in icy areas.
Oh, Let it go!, will you?
 
Borg said:
In the movie Frozen, Princess Elsa sang icy arias in icy areas.
Icy what you did there.
 
  • Skeptical
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking