Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
fresh_42 said:
Ouch!
I'll take it as a compliment in the lame jokes section :).
 
Screenshot_20250706_132103_YouTube.webp
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, gmax137, davenn and 5 others
My psychiatrist insists I'm dyslexic, racist with germophobic tendencies.

How dare he! My best friend is Austrian.
 
Mayhem said:
My psychiatrist insists I'm dyslexic, racist with germophobic tendencies.

How dare he! My best friend is Austrian.
I don't get the germophobe angle.
 
DaveC426913 said:
I don't get the germophobe angle.
Germophobe could easily be misread as Germanphobe, and racists will (stereotypically) negate their racism by claiming relations to someone of a different race (not necessarily, and often not, the race they were criticizing). Hence the mapping to Austrian.
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: symbolipoint and DaveC426913
Hey! Check it out! Man-OverBoard poles for bikes!

20250706_112222.webp


Do you think they use the 'Quick Turn' technique for retrieval or the 'Figure Eight'?

I guess it depends on how much windage the bike gets when hove-to.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jedishrfu and DennisN
My classmate and I demonstrated the Barn Pole paradox. I drew the two barn doors on the blackboard, and he pretended to run at them. He was Polish.

(True story, after that, no one in Modern Physics class had a clear understanding of the paradox, but we had a lot of fun demonstrating it. We changed Special Relativity that day.)
 
  • Wow
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: phinds and symbolipoint
does this fit under the "lame jokes" category?
1752006992913.webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, davenn and phinds
TensorCalculus said:
does this fit under the "lame jokes" category? View attachment 363017
I am told this is one of the reasons NATO developed a standard reporting language. Some time during the Korean war an American commander failed to recognise that a British officer reporting being in "a sticky situation" meant the same level of desperation as an American officer reporting "we're all gonna die!" (i.e., completely out of ammo and being overrun) and basically ignored the message instead of urgently enquiring after the details and doing something.
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus and BillTre
Ibix said:
I am told this is one of the reasons NATO developed a standard reporting language. Some time during the Korean war an American commander failed to recognise that a British officer reporting being in "a sticky situation" meant the same level of desperation as an American officer reporting "we're all gonna die!" (i.e., completely out of ammo and being overrun) and basically ignored the message instead of urgently enquiring after the details and doing something.
The worst part is, as a Brit, I'm not even surprised 😭