Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
jack action said:
If money is the root of all evil ...
It is not, that is a misquote.
The love of money is the root of all evil.

They ask for money in church, because they are trying to uproot evil.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
  • Agree
Likes   Reactions: symbolipoint, phinds and DaveC426913
Physics news on Phys.org
1753887543179.webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hornbein, gmax137, BillTre and 1 other person
Baluncore said:
It is not, that is a misquote.
The love of money is the root of all evil.

They ask for money in church, because they are trying to uproot evil.
I'm far from being religious but seeing that there's a Tsunami watch in California , given the fires, etc., seems close to a course. I feel for them.
 
BillTre said:
How many people?
View attachment 363849
I had a verbal version of these optical illusions: " Greeks were fighting machines. I'm not fighting machines."
 
1753900689452.webp
 
  • Like
  • Wow
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, jtbell, jack action and 7 others
Since we got a dog and a cat, I've been petting everything at knee height.

Yes, that's exactly what the tiler just looked like.
 
IMG_1286.webp


But see what happens when he tries to park...

IMG_1288.webp
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, gmax137, BillTre and 2 others
jtbell said:
1754011631728.webp
This just gets worse the longer you look at it.
 
  • Like
  • Agree
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, gmax137, fresh_42 and 2 others
No need to worry about chip manufacture in the US. There's now a plant in Arizona. There used to be one in Led Zeppelin.
 
Tourist approaches Canadian Customs carrying a package.
Agent: " What's this aboot *?"
Tourist: " It's not a boot, it's a shoe".
"A shoe? "
" Gesundheit!"

* Cliche'd Canadian pronounciation.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 256bits, jtbell, edwardII and 3 others
DaveC426913 said:
This just gets worse the longer you look at it.
I still keep trying to think about how this car will manage to close anything, let alone a house. And how could they know? Anyway, I would be worried, too, if a car tried to close my house.
 
fresh_42 said:
I still keep trying to think about how this car will manage to close anything, let alone a house.
"You're car is to close to my house!"
That is an instruction, to close the distance between the car and the house, presumably to zero.
 
Baluncore said:
"You're car is to close to my house!"
That is an instruction, to close the distance between the car and the house, presumably to zero.
Ah! I thought close in the sense of lock.
 
fresh_42 said:
Ah! I thought close in the sense of lock.
without the word "to", you would have been correct. In English "close to my house" is distance. "close my house" is a command.
 
IMG_1290.webp
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DEvens, julian, davenn and 5 others
gmax137 said:
"I want you to close clothe my house."
in the spirit of the original posting.
One of them has better spots
:)
 
Did you hear about the truck that got into a wreck and spilled thousands of slippery hotdogs all over the road?

The cleanup crew didn't relish its job.
 
  • Haha
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: davenn and BillTre