Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
jtbell said:
While driving during my current road trip, I have thought of some truly lame jokes.
I was reminded of one at my current lunch stop.

What’s a dog’s favorite root beer?

Barq’s!
 
sliLmxTABbrOZOYNL&_nc_zt=23&_nc_ht=scontent-fra5-1.webp
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, DennisN, davenn and 4 others
Sign spotted at a pub in Manchester. @pinball1970, maybe you could figure out if this is true. I mean the sign, not the message.


2YwZzPTRdXdPLeix5&_nc_zt=23&_nc_ht=scontent-fra3-2.webp
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy, DennisN, edwardII and 2 others
fresh_42 said:
Sign spotted at a pub in Manchester. @pinball1970, maybe you could figure out if this is true. I mean the sign, not the message.


View attachment 364703
A little help here? I only know Liverpool because of their very strong football club (fun to watch).
 
The sign is wrong.
It is not the only place where there are pick pockets, and it is more often at the stop after you got on, that your wallet gets off, which on average, may be two stops before you do.
 
It had to happen. Murphy's law, maybe: An idiot punching the jukebox to "fix" the
Cadilla ac ac ac.... at the Pizza place.
 
fresh_42 said:
IIRC then @pinball1970 is a United fan, so maybe it is his sign. :biggrin:
It's a Manchester -Liverpool rivalry thing. Working class Mancunians look down on Liverpool and make jokes about them not working and criminal activity in their city.
So, you are likely to have your wallet stolen, car stolen there etc.
This goes back to the canals during the industrial age, they (Scouse) charged us (Mancs) high tolls to move our cotton to the port. So much so, we had enough of them and built our own canal.
The football sits on top of that.
 
Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, gmax137, fresh_42 and 2 others
pinball1970 said:
It's a Manchester -Liverpool rivalry thing. Working class Mancunians look down on Liverpool and make jokes about them not working and criminal activity in their city.
I only remember when I first visited England (London) as a teenager, I saw an interview on TV of a Liverpool player, and I didn't understand a single word!
 
fresh_42 said:
I only remember when I first visited England (London) as a teenager, I saw an interview on TV of a Liverpool player, and I didn't understand a single word!
You probably think I am an English gentleman Fresh, unfortunately if you ever heard my voice, I would sound more like Liam Gallagher than a BBC news reader.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and fresh_42
pinball1970 said:
You probably think I am an English gentleman Fresh, unfortunately if you ever heard my voice, I would sound more like Liam Gallagher than a BBC news reader.
Well, I only had school English at the time. Now, it's a lot better, but I still struggle a bit with Scottish (Amy MacDonald, John Higgins). Alan McManus works.
 
fresh_42 said:
Well, I only had school English at the time. Now, it's a lot better, but I still struggle a bit with Scottish (Amy MacDonald, John Higgins). Alan McManus works.
Snooker guys! Brilliant.
 
pinball1970 said:
Snooker guys! Brilliant.
I've been a Ronnie fan long before it was hip to be one. I remember the times when he left the arena mid-game for unknown reasons, or when a single look at his face told you the outcome of the entire match.
 
I us
pinball1970 said:
You probably think I am an English gentleman Fresh, unfortunately if you ever heard my voice, I would sound more like Liam Gallagher than a BBC news reader.
I used to watch this TV show just to listen to the accent of the ( Scottish, I believe) narrator : Wattarr.
 
I tried to re-marry my ex-wife, but she figured out that I was only after my money.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, BillTre, Bystander and 1 other person
fresh_42 said:
"Sledding prohibited" would have been too long.
by 5 letters?