Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
If you want to be remembered after you die, borrow money from everyone you know.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, sbrothy, phinds and 1 other person
davenn said:
There’s some saying about expectation isn’t there?
WWGD said:
I'm starting to learn bass today in case I can put together a band.

There’s this girl who constantly asks me if I want to form a band. Unfortunately she has no notion of how much discipline it takes.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexB23 and WWGD
sbrothy said:
There’s some saying about expectation isn’t there?


There’s this girl who constantly asks me if I want to form a band. Unfortunately she has no notion of how much discipline it takes.
I call it the Glamour Trap. People fall in love with the glamorous, cool aspect but don't acknowledge or aren't aware of all the brutally hard work it takes. "Cool, let's open a restaurant": They think it will be cool to tell their friends they own their restaurant and they think of celebrities that may drop by and sign pictures of themselves. All while ignoring the less glamorous aspects: Working 60+ -Hr weeks, dealing with employee theft, city regulations, hiring personnel that may end up stealing food, silverware from you, the brutal competition, bad reviews, etc. 10 hours of difficulties for every 5 minutes of glamour. Edit: Like some women wanting to have children because "They're so cute", etc.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and sbrothy
Science can be like that for some people.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, nsaspook and WWGD
WWGD said:
I call it the Glamour Trap. People fall in love with the glamorous, cool aspect
And some form a band simply because they think they will get girls.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, sbrothy, nsaspook and 1 other person
DaveC426913 said:
And some form a band simply because they think they will get girls.
... and some are on a divine mission. :cool:
 
  • Love
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and DaveC426913
fresh_42 said:
... and some are on a divine mission. :cool:
Yesterday, I came home from the secondhand store with an old janky 7 1/2" bandsaw for 50 bucks. It was missing a switch and a knob here and there.

When my grandaughter saw me and asked me what I was doing, I said:


"We're puttin' the band(saw) back together."


(OK, I didn't say it out loud but I did think it. Scout's Honour)
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, berkeman, gmax137 and 2 others
DaveC426913 said:
And some form a band simply because they think they will get girls.
And for many it actually works out.
 
fresh_42 said:
Does Brian May count?
Up to ## \aleph_1 ## last I asked him.
 
Screenshot_20250823_191639_YouTube.webp
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, DennisN and davenn
WWGD said:
Like some women wanting to have children because "They're so cute", etc.
Not, "Like some women who want to get married because "He's so cute!"

I put that in there because nowaday young ladies are more pragmatic - looking for "over 6 foot, and making 6 figures in his 30's"
 
256bits said:
Not, "Like some women who want to get married because "He's so cute!"

I put that in there because nowaday young ladies are more pragmatic - looking for "over 6 foot, and making 6 figures in his 30's"
Lke the ads: 4'7", weighing 389 lbs woman with one good tooth, HS dropout, seeks 6'4", 35 yo, Ivy-League PHD CEO worth at least $50 million.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and 256bits
Just a friendly reminder not to veer into stereotyping certain segments of society in attempts to be humorous. Thanks.
 
  • Like
  • Agree
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, collinsmark, DaveC426913 and 1 other person
What would you do if a bear attacked your wife?

Nothing. He attacked her, so he should figure out how to defend himself.
 
  • Agree
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and Bystander
berkeman said:
Just a friendly reminder not to veer into stereotyping certain segments of society in attempts to be humorous. Thanks.
But we can still stereotype engineers, right?!?!
 
  • Agree
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman, DaveC426913 and Borg
fresh_42 said:
And we have an entire thread mocking mathematicians!
Oh boy! Where can I find that?
 
berkeman said:
Just a friendly reminder not to veer into stereotyping certain segments of society in attempts to be humorous. Thanks.
A stereotype, from a certain segment of society, walked into a bar one night, and said "ouch, that really hurt".
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, berkeman, sbrothy and 4 others