Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 532K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Science Advisor
- 3,766
- 2,215
Are you sure you didn't miss the point of the joke?Baluncore said:One molecule only has two hydrogen atoms. A drop of water contains many more.
- 13,926
- 16,805
strangerep said:Are you sure you didn't miss the point of the joke?
<counts negatives on fingers>Baluncore said:No.
Admin
- 69,784
- 25,632
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,643
- 1,602
A Fourier transform contrasted with Courier transform:
Science Advisor
2025 Award
- 17,252
- 10,712
It is often wrongly assumed, that the shift theorem also applies to the courier transform.George Jones said:A Fourier transform contrasted with Courier transform:
The two transforms are closely related mathematically.
The courier transform takes the 3D spatial harmonics of the rectangular package, then convolutes the package, to remove high frequency spatial harmonics. If the process is repeated, it will finally approximate a sphere, defined only by the fundamentals in the 3 dimensions.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Here is a surreal transform.
... run and hide ...
- 20,819
- 28,467
Now I get it! That's why people talked so much about Arielle Black! They thought it was time for new Romans.DrGreg said:
- 20,819
- 28,467
Who knows? Before you could count 1-2-3 she flew away on her Wingdings.gmax137 said:Was she the daughter of Omar Serif?
(sounds better in German where "dings "= thingy)
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
My wife said: "I have no idea how the science behind human cloning works."
I said: "That makes two of us."
I said: "That makes two of us."
- 20,819
- 28,467
Howling Wolf has struck again!
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,099
Did we ... did we resolve this?Baluncore said:One molecule only has two hydrogen atoms. A drop of water contains many more.
There are indeed more hydrogen atoms in a molecule of water than stars in the entire solar system.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Well, uhm, is the question of Nemesis really decided, yet?DaveC426913 said:There are indeed more hydrogen atoms in a molecule of water than stars in the entire solar system.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,643
- 1,602
- 20,819
- 28,467
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,856
- 12,709
But its the night time that counts!berkeman said:
- 20,819
- 28,467
Yes. The astronomer's day is the night!BillTre said:But its the night time that counts!
DennisN
Gold Member
- 2,197
- 10,329
Hornbein
Gold Member
- 4,253
- 3,378
I have been pissed on by geckos.Baluncore said:If they were extant, you would still not hear them pee, because reptiles and birds do not pee. They have a cloaca, and so produce a paste, not a liquid, as is evidenced by coprolites.
- 19,385
- 15,622
Uh ... I wouldn't brag about it if I were you.Hornbein said:I have been pissed on by geckos.

- 20,819
- 28,467
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/collection-of-lame-jokes.25301/page-130#post-5985147phinds said:Uh ... I wouldn't brag about it if I were you.![]()
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Gravity is one of the fundamental forces in the universe.
Without it, you get gravy.
Without it, you get gravy.
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- pivoxa15
- · Replies 36 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 36
