Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,334 replies · 3M views
davenn said:
...went over my head...
Damn... you're lucky ! .. :oldwink:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mfb, Stavros Kiri and Ibix
Physics news on Phys.org
davenn said:
I'm still awaiting for that second part ... went over my head :confused:
Browning Automatic Rifle Model 1918A. It was such a good weapon that it wasn't issued to our troops in France during WWI.
 
Ibix said:
A Browning Automatic Rifle is a kind of WWII era light machine gun widely used by US troops.
Ahem. "M1918A".

But you're right, the BARs were a squad weapon and ferocious in battle.
 
Noisy Rhysling said:
Ahem. "M1918A".
The Wikipedia article says it wasn't used significantly in WWI but was heavily used in WWII and Korea et al. I didn't think its entire operational history was necessary to get the joke... :wink:
 
Ibix said:
The Wikipedia article says it wasn't used significantly in WWI but was heavily used in WWII and Korea et al. I didn't think its entire operational history was necessary to get the joke... :wink:
For me the joke was the BAR was considered so good that the Army wouldn't issue it to the troops in WWI. They were afraid the Germans would capture one and copy it. DOH!
 
On which day of the week is a dentist busiest?

Toothday.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, Ibix, Stavros Kiri and 1 other person
jtbell said:
On which day of the week is a dentist busiest?

Toothday.
Thanks. Really. Now I understand why I was so thirsty today.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, Stavros Kiri and jtbell
fresh_42 said:
Thanks. Really. Now I understand why I was so thirsty today.

Because it's Thirst-day? :-p
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix and Stavros Kiri
jtbell said:
On which day of the week is a dentist busiest?

Toothday.
Especially at 2.30
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, jtbell, Ibix and 2 others
Noisy Rhysling said:
They were afraid the Germans would capture one and copy it. DOH!
Yup.... :check:
The intentional delay had been inspired by general Pershing, the A.E.F. Commander, in order not to let the BAR fall into enemy hands too early.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Noisy Rhysling
jtbell said:
On which day of the week is a dentist busiest?

Toothday.

upload_2017-7-14_20-0-9.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix and Drakkith
and still on the medical theme :smile:

upload_2017-7-14_20-2-13.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, Ibix, strangerep and 5 others
WHAT DO YOU CALL POSTING IN ALL UPPERCASE LETTERS LIKE THIS?

A capital offense.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, mfb and davenn
jtbell said:
WHAT DO YOU CALL POSTING IN ALL UPPERCASE LETTERS LIKE THIS?

A capital offense.
I've been posting my numbers in upper case all along. Just noticed it last night. :blush:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri
Noisy Rhysling said:
I've been posting my numbers in upper case all along. Just noticed it last night. :blush:
Careful - shouting some numbers makes them larger. E.g. 5 is just five, but try shouting it: 5!=120.
 
Ibix said:
Careful - shouting some numbers makes them larger. E.g. 5 is just five, but try shouting it: 5!=120.
And not to forget the dangerous echo: ##5^{5^{5^{5^{5^{\,\dots}}}}}##. It might cause an avalanche!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexCaledin, BillTre and Ibix
There's a joke about a blue bird made of mahogany. It would be great if I could remember it.

Wouldn't it?

If you don't get this, it's a pun on the last line, that sounds like a response to the first sentence.

Joke by Tim Vine.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Charles Link
DrGreg said:
There's a joke about a blue bird made of mahogany. It would be great if I could remember it.

Wouldn't it?

If you don't get this, it's a pun on the last line, that sounds like a response to the first sentence.

Joke by Tim Vine.
It wood !
 
One of the items in the chain's menu was named "The Feast" , and its number was 13. 13 --not 666 -- is the number of the feast ?!
 
667 - the neighbour of the beast
2 3 3 37 - the prime factorisation of the beast
vi vi vi - the editor of the beast
 
Ibix said:
667 - the neighbour of the beast
2 3 3 37 - the prime factorisation of the beast
vi vi vi - the editor of the beast
Always wondered how Roman engineers built all those aqueducts, etc. with such system: XVI times MCD minus LVII = ...?!?
 
Ibix said:
667 - the neighbour of the beast
2 3 3 37 - the prime factorisation of the beast
vi vi vi - the editor of the beast
Actually, 13 is the feast and one of its neighbors is the Biryani: I would tell them Biryani factors as 23 29 , but I already have a reputation and I don't want to end up in a straight jacket.
 
fresh_42 said:
And not to forget the dangerous echo: ##5^{5^{5^{5^{5^{\,\dots}}}}}##. It might cause an avalanche!
That's some kind of maths joke, right?