Collection of Science Jokes P2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 533K views
jack action said:
I'm lost at point one.
How does 6+180 degrees equal 9 , with or without rotation?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:
I'm lost at point one.
How does 6+180 degrees equal 9 , with or without rotation?
Maybe ##6+180^{\circ}\equiv\text{rotate 6 by 180}^{\circ}\,##?
 
DaveC426913 said:
How does 6+180 degrees equal 9 , with or without rotation?
If you add 180° to the azimuth of a '6', it becomes a '9'.
69 involves a copy, and a 180° rotation, of the 6 or the 9.

That is independent of the clock face, where only a rotation of 90° is needed to switch between 6 and 9.
 
renormalize said:
Maybe ##6+180^{\circ}\equiv\text{rotate 6 by 180}^{\circ}\,##?
Right. Duh.
 
1751043475194.webp
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: symbolipoint, fresh_42, willyengland and 7 others
And disk 45685 has a missing sector.
 
  • Wow
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, berkeman and fresh_42
A decade ago now, I wore the two disks of DOS 3.3 as earrings, to a retro-tech party.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and berkeman
Baluncore said:
A decade ago now, I wore the two disks of DOS 3.3 as earrings, to a retro-tech party.
Does anyone still have Frisbees?
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, BillTre and symbolipoint
What do you call a "Frisbee"?

I still have some 8" floppies, and many 5" floppies tucked away in dark corners.

There are also 15" HDD platters from 5 Mbyte cartridges, and boxes of ceramic heads that I maintained up until about 2000.
 
Baluncore said:
What do you call a "Frisbee"?

I still have some 8" floppies, and many 5" floppies tucked away in dark corners.

There are also 15" HDD platters from 5 Mbyte cartridges, and boxes of ceramic heads that I maintained up until about 2000.
I meant this one

800px-5.25%22-Diskette.webp


but 8'' is funny, too. Note the title on this disc!
 
Baluncore said:
There are also 15" HDD platters from 5 Mbyte cartridges, and boxes of ceramic heads that I maintained up until about 2000.
1752100655793.webp

Baluncore.
Us - mere sexagenarians.

:oops:
 
I've posted this before in Random Thoughts, but it belongs here. It's from the Annals of Improbable Research.

Oh, Langley invented the bolometer.
It's really a kind of thermometer,
That can measure the heat
From a polar bear's feet
At a distance of half a kilometer.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Borg and collinsmark
jack action said:
Parallel lines have so much in common. It's a shame they'll never meet.
In parallel line heaven space is positively curved.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and phinds