Collection of Science Jokes P2

Steelwolf

Gold Member
Schroedinger...Isn't he the guy what invented Cat Boxing? That's just mean, making cats fight like that: standing upright, paws sheathed and no ear-biting allowed...just plain un-natural.

Steelwolf

Gold Member
In the Biology Department: Do you know how to cut off a cat's tail?

Take away his wheels!

Steelwolf

Gold Member
The problem with cat boxing is that both cats are always KO'd and not KO'd at the same time.
Yeah, Refereeing such a fight would be hard: do you ring the bell, or Not ring the bell. (I guess that might possibly depend on whether Pavlov had been working in the building or not)

Edit: And are they actually KO'ed or did they just curl up for mutual naps?

Yeah, Refereeing such a fight would be hard: do you ring the bell, or Not ring the bell. (I guess that might possibly depend on whether Pavlov had been working in the building or not)
Very many people know about Pavlov's dogs and Schrödinger's cat.
But few people know about the infamous Pavlov-Schrödinger Dog & Cat experiment (PSDC):
  1. First you condition a dog to eat cats when you ring a bell (yeah, I know it's cruel, but it's for science).
  2. Then you take a radioactive substance, a bell device, a dog and a cat and put them in a box.
  3. When one atom in the radioactive substance decays, the bell device gets activated and rings the bell.
We don't know when the decay will happen and we won't know what happens until we open the box.
Now the question is: are both the dog (hungry/fed) and cat (alive/dead) in superposition?

It's a little combination of psychology and physics :smile:.

Steelwolf

Gold Member
What if you open the box and the dog is dead but there are TWO cats? Try Boxing day all over, or what?

Of course, with the one experiment you Do have to be careful that the 'feed cats' are far enough from the sound of the bell that they are not habituated to hearing the bell and then dying screams shrieks yells and general cussing that happens in a cat-dog confrontation, (no matter which of em is dying), lest the cats hear the bell and are prepared for the worst, or ready to run. Of course, some try to nap and are just eaten, but hey that is science for ya!

Steelwolf

Gold Member
Here was a 3 week run, the short blades the blade themselves are 18 inches long, fer scale

Steelwolf

Gold Member
Whoops, Wrong Forum...sigh oh well, this is what I used to do fer a living before the neck rebuild, back then I was edgy and quick to point out both sides, was frequently to the point and most people could not handle my forte' for there is no guard while I pommel one time and time again with sword puns. Of course, Some swords had a little wiggle room, but most were straight, to the point and deadly real.

a|dog hungy>|cat alive> + b|dog fed>|cat dead> + c|dog dead>|cat alive> where a,b,c are complex coefficients and |a|2+|b|2+|c|2=1

Steelwolf

Gold Member
So the answer for one cat into one dog equals one turd?

davenn

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Schroedinger...Isn't he the guy what invented Cat Boxing? That's just mean, making cats fight like that: standing upright, paws sheathed and no ear-biting allowed...just plain un-natural.
what, like this ? …..

cat boxing.jpg

Steelwolf

Gold Member
Yes Davenn, that is a great picture of kittens practicing Cat Boxing, note, they do not have the 16 gram gloves!