Collection of Science Jokes P2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 526K views
BillTre said:

Bz+C+210925+P.jpg

This attitude deserves a name, but I haven't come up with one. It would have to be the opposite of a "sweet spot." The panel was based on that maddening phenomenon of online queries from people whose Google has apparently stopped working.
http://waynocartoons.blogspot.com/2021/09/designated-dummy.html
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Hamiltonian and BillTre
Physics news on Phys.org
Keith_McClary said:
This attitude deserves a name,

Perhaps it should be called or lmgtfy-itis (LetMeGoogleThatForYou-Itis):

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=a+thing+I+don't+know&iie=1I use lmgtfy all the time, whenever someone is too lazy to "Google a thing I don't know".
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Bystander, BillTre and phinds
BillTre said:
I like the lmgtfy idea, but it is a horrid collection of letters.
I read the first letter (ell) as a capital eye; thinking img... something to do with images...

EDIT, so maybe it works better in all caps: LMGTFY. Or not.
 
MikeeMiracle said:
I hope none of the QM guys sees this. Another reason to start a discussion of how the wave function collapses by measurement.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: diogenesNY, Wrichik Basu, Ivan Seeking and 1 other person
fresh_42 said:
I hope none of the QM guys sees this. Another reason to start a discussion of how the wave function collapses by measurement.
Who knew that all these years there was Quantum Mechanics buried in cartoons?

So if a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
 
Ivan Seeking said:
So if a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Well, yes and no.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, DaveE, Ivan Seeking and 1 other person
Ivan Seeking said:
So if a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
I've always liked Jim Ignatowski's take on that question:
 
jbriggs444 said:
I've always liked Jim Ignatowski's take on that question:

Sure but Jim was a classical physicist.
 
fresh_42 said:
I hope none of the QM guys sees this. Another reason to start a discussion of how the wave function collapses by measurement.
Wouldn't it be Quantum Gravity?
 
1633327655983.png


Dirac's a chad for sure rumor says to break the ice when he met Feynman he said"I have an equation named after me, do you?"
one can only wonder what Feynman's reaction would have been to this!
 
Considered putting this into a Covid thread, but there were way too many to figure out where it might be most appropriate.

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 9.31.02 AM.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, 256bits and collinsmark
BillTre said:
Considered putting this into a Covid thread, but there were way too many to figure out where it might be most appropriate.

View attachment 290526
And then not be believed by a large segment of the popluation
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn, Borg and BillTre
phinds said:
And then not be believed by a large segment of the popluation
But sometimes its more fun to be snarky.