1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

College guidance?

1. Jul 1, 2008 #1
    Which colleges are well known for having good engineering, physics programs?
    I'm going to be a senior in high school and I really love physics but I don't think I can get into the top notch universities like Stanford, Caltech, etc. My SAT scores aren't too good (reasoning: 1970, mathII: 700, physics: 680, I'll be taking these again) and I have a GPA of about 3.4.

Can anybody tell me about what range of universities I would be able to get into with this record?

btw, I'll be an international student

PS I'm hoping to go to a college in US or Canada

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 2, 2008 #2
    Some great options would be: U of Maryland-College Park, U of Illinois-Urbana Champaign, Penn State-University Park, and Purdue University.

4. Jul 2, 2008 #3
    I can vouch for University Park. They have a big Physics department and are very big on Research. They also have a separate college just for engineering including almost every engineering discipline.

5. Jul 3, 2008 #4
    I don't know much about other colleges so I can't recommend very many, but look at Case Western Reserve University and Georgia Tech.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?