Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

College guidance?

1. Jul 1, 2008 #1
    Which colleges are well known for having good engineering, physics programs?
    I'm going to be a senior in high school and I really love physics but I don't think I can get into the top notch universities like Stanford, Caltech, etc. My SAT scores aren't too good (reasoning: 1970, mathII: 700, physics: 680, I'll be taking these again) and I have a GPA of about 3.4.

Can anybody tell me about what range of universities I would be able to get into with this record?

btw, I'll be an international student

PS I'm hoping to go to a college in US or Canada

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 2, 2008 #2
    Some great options would be: U of Maryland-College Park, U of Illinois-Urbana Champaign, Penn State-University Park, and Purdue University.

4. Jul 2, 2008 #3
    I can vouch for University Park. They have a big Physics department and are very big on Research. They also have a separate college just for engineering including almost every engineering discipline.

5. Jul 3, 2008 #4
    I don't know much about other colleges so I can't recommend very many, but look at Case Western Reserve University and Georgia Tech.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook