Computer Language for A Levels & University EE

• Thread starter AK2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary, the conversation discusses which computer languages are important to learn for someone studying electrical engineering. C and C++ are mentioned as fundamental languages, and taking a course is recommended over self-study. Java, VHDL, and VLSI are also recommended for their usefulness in the field. It is noted that Matlab is necessary for power engineering and signals.
AK2
I am presently a doing a levels and i want to know which computer languauge i need to learn before finishing a level.I am presently wishing to fo for EE as a course in uni.
Is it better i study it on my own or go to computer school.

Engineering news on Phys.org
C and C++ are pretty fundamental, and used in many applications. As for self-study, that can work, but you will pick up more and pick it up faster if you are taking course work. Can you take a class in C and data structures where you are now?

No. But i have recently bougth a CD on visual c++.

Does the CD on C++ say "no previous programming experience required"? Hopefully it takes you through data structures and structured programming before spending too much time on OO (object oriented) concepts, namespaces, inheritance, etc.

As Berkeman said that C and C++ will be really helpful don't bother doing Visual C if you are coming into Electrical. Also try to do Java as most of the universities teach an introductory course. IF you can try to learn VHDL and VLSI which will be really helpful because you need them for sure. plus in your final year project you need to use GUI you need all of these including JAVA.

C/C++/Fortran/Matlab

Matlab is definitely needed specially when you start Power Engineering and Signals and then on you will always need, you are absolutely right neurocomp2003. thanks for pointing that out.

im am using java, and its going well for me :)

Related to Computer Language for A Levels & University EE

What is "Computer Language for A Levels & University EE"?

"Computer Language for A Levels & University EE" is a course that teaches students the fundamentals of computer programming and coding. It is designed for students who are studying A Levels or pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering.

What are the benefits of learning computer language for A Levels & University EE?

Learning computer language for A Levels & University EE can open up many opportunities for students. It can enhance problem-solving skills, improve logical thinking, and prepare students for a career in the technology industry. Additionally, it can also help students understand the fundamentals of electrical engineering and how computer programming is used in this field.

What are some examples of computer languages taught in this course?

Some examples of computer languages taught in this course may include Python, Java, C++, and HTML. These languages are commonly used in the technology industry and are important for students to learn in order to become proficient in computer programming.

Do I need any prior knowledge or experience to take this course?

No prior knowledge or experience is required to take this course. However, having a basic understanding of mathematics and logic can be beneficial. This course is designed for beginners and will cover all the necessary concepts and skills needed to learn computer language for A Levels & University EE.

What career opportunities can I pursue after completing this course?

Completing this course can open up various career opportunities in the technology industry, particularly in the field of electrical engineering. Some potential career paths include software engineer, web developer, data analyst, and computer systems analyst. Additionally, this course can also provide a strong foundation for further studies in computer science or electrical engineering at the university level.