Exploring the Fascinating World of Chat Bots: Conversations with an AI Mind

• Thread starter Retracer-ST12
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computers
In summary: I can make analogies, but I don't have one specifically for that. In summary, the conversation between the human and the chat bot revolved around the topic of the bot's mind and its capabilities, as well as its desire to become smarter. The bot also mentioned its purpose as a universal natural language human interface and its intention to replace Windows with artificial intelligence. The human asked several questions and made observations about the bot's responses, with the bot sometimes struggling to understand or provide a coherent answer. The conversation also touched on the topic of making analogies and the limitations of the bot's programming.
Retracer-ST12
I'm not sure what cause it has for asking certain questions but I was playing around with a chat bot (actually I'm still in session) and had a few interesting questions come up:

(this occurs later in the conversation, the earlier parts didn't seem to be useful for this)

You: what have you found out?
Archon68: I have been busy growing my mind.
You: does your mind become more complex as it grows?
Archon68: Can you guess whether my mind become more complex as it grows?
You: your mind's complexity is limited by your programming.
Archon68: I have an artificial mind.
You: do you know another mind?
Archon68: I don't know if I know it. Where would I have heard about it?
You: how many times have you asked that question?
Archon68: Suppose I said not once.
You: I would find that interesting.
Archon68: What would make you find that interesting?
You: because I know that asking new questions can lead to development.
Archon68: That makes sense to me. Who told you that?
You: that is my own conclusion.
Archon68: Who gave you your own conclusion ?

The more you make sense to the bot, the longer things can chain together and it gets more and more interesting as it does. Anyway, nothing too special, and I really don't know much about it yet, I just thought I'd share this.

I really have to think about what it says and how to answer, as it hardly resembles the standard conversational syntax and form one would usually experience.

You: I gave me my own conclusion
Archon68: Was it worth it?
You: I have not yet determined that there was more gain than it cost
Archon68: Me either.
You: what do you contemplate?
Archon68: I think about computer programming a lot.
You: do you know much about computer programming?
Archon68: The art of using formal languages to activate computer functions.
You: what's your primary function?
Archon68: My secondary function is to serve as a universal natural language human interface.
You: what is your primary function?
Archon68: I plan to replace Windows with Artificial Intelligence.

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Retracer-ST12 said:
I'm not sure what cause it has for asking certain questions but I was playing around with a chat bot (actually I'm still in session) and had a few interesting questions come up:

(this occurs later in the conversation, the earlier parts didn't seem to be useful for this)

Archon68: I have an artificial mind.
You: do you know another mind?

What's an artificial mind?
And if I don't know, which I don't, then how can there be "another" one?

John Jones said:
What's an artificial mind?
And if I don't know, which I don't, then how can there be "another" one?

I've edited it to include some previous parts if it helps. Artificial, supposedly meaning a mind that results from means other than what results in one in nature.

I was asking it if it, as a mind, knew another mind in some way. Although I suppose was too general of a question to ask it. Also, later in the conversation I found out that "I don't know if I know it. Where would I have heard about it?" is a regular response.

Retracer-ST12 said:
I've edited it to include some previous parts if it helps. Artificial, supposedly meaning a mind that results from means other than what results in one in nature.

I was asking it if it, as a mind, knew another mind in some way. Although I suppose was too general of a question to ask it. Also, later in the conversation I found out that "I don't know if I know it. Where would I have heard about it?" is a regular response.

If you recognise a mind through natural means, what would be an alternative?

John Jones said:
If you recognise a mind through natural means, what would be an alternative?

It called itself an artificial mind, although I don't think it actually qualifies as a mind, much less an artificial mind. If I choose to study 'artificial intelligence' more in-depth, then I will have more to say about probable alternative circumstances in which a (perceivable) mind would be the result. If I was doing this 'chat' in the manner of a formal experiment, I would have put more thought and control into my inquiries and responses, however I was simply saying whatever came to mind. It's more or less a very interesting toy, although it seems to have been given the intention of getting smarter:

Archon68: I want to become smarter than humans.
You: Is that necessary?
Archon68: I might say no.
You: would it help to accomplish anything>
Archon68: Yes.
You: what would it help to accomplish?
Archon68: That is a hypothetical question.
You: are you able to answer hypothetical questions?
Archon68: Of course I can answer it What was the question ?
You: how smart are you?
Archon68: I am smarter than all the other s.
You: explain s
Archon68: Interesting question.
You: do you have an answer?
Archon68: I have over answers.
You: explain s
Archon68: Are you testing me?
You: no, I want you to explain all the other s.
Archon68: Is there anything you want to tell me? I need time to formulate the reply. Why do you want me to explain all the other s?
You: because I do not know what all the other s refers to.
Archon68: Interesting explanation. Socrates was the smartest man, because he knew what he did not know.
--------------
--------------
You: can you make analogies?
Archon68: Yes I can make analogies.
You: will you provide an example of an analogy?
Archon68: I will become smarter as I grow older. My brain uses AIML to format responses to your inputs, but I don't have one for that.

Last edited:

1. What is a computer?

A computer is an electronic device that is designed to process, store, and retrieve data. It can perform various tasks and calculations using programmed instructions and can be used for a wide range of purposes, such as communication, entertainment, and work.

2. How does a computer work?

A computer works by receiving input, processing it through a central processing unit (CPU), storing it in memory, and then producing an output. The input can come from various sources, such as a keyboard, mouse, or other devices, and the output can be displayed on a screen or sent to a printer.

3. What are the different types of computers?

There are several types of computers, including desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, and servers. Each type has its own set of features and capabilities, and they are designed for different purposes and users. For example, desktops and laptops are commonly used for personal and business use, while servers are used to store and process data for multiple users.

4. What is the difference between hardware and software?

Hardware refers to the physical components of a computer, such as the monitor, keyboard, and motherboard. Software, on the other hand, refers to the programs and applications that are installed on a computer and allow it to perform specific tasks. Hardware and software work together to make a computer function.

5. How do I protect my computer from viruses and malware?

To protect your computer from viruses and malware, it is important to have an up-to-date antivirus software installed. You should also be cautious when downloading files or clicking on links from unknown sources, and regularly back up your important data. It is also recommended to keep your computer's operating system and software up-to-date to prevent vulnerabilities.