COMSOL Script Eigenfrequency Display

• Thread starter GDC
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Comsol
In summary, to output the various eigenfrequencies for a static/eigenfrequency analysis in COMSOL Script, use the postmin command with the 'eigfreq_smsld' option and specify the solution number with the n parameter.
GDC
Hello all, I am having a hard time coming up with the proper syntax in order to have COMSOL Script spit out the various eigenfrequencies for a static/eigenfrequency analysis that I am running. Previously I have been using:

postmin(fem,'eigfreq_smsld')

this works well for recording the fundamental frequency of my structure in Hz. However, I am now interested in obtaining a list of the eigenfrequencies relating to the various solution numbers and I am having a hard time locating the proper command.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
The command you need is postmin(fem,'eigfreq_smsld',n). The n parameter defines which solution number you want the eigenfrequency for. For example, postmin(fem,'eigfreq_smsld',1) will return the eigenfrequency for the first solution, postmin(fem,'eigfreq_smsld',2) will return the eigenfrequency for the second solution, and so on.

Hello, thank you for reaching out. In order to obtain a list of eigenfrequencies for your static/eigenfrequency analysis in COMSOL Script, you can use the command "eigfreqs" followed by the solution number. For example, if you want to obtain the eigenfrequencies for solution number 1, the command would be "eigfreqs(1)". This will provide you with a list of all the eigenfrequencies for that solution. Additionally, you can use the command "eigfreqs(1,1)" to obtain the first eigenfrequency for solution number 1. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.

1. What is COMSOL Script Eigenfrequency Display?

COMSOL Script Eigenfrequency Display is a feature in the COMSOL Multiphysics software that allows users to view and analyze the eigenfrequencies of a model. Eigenfrequencies are the natural frequencies at which a system vibrates, and they are important in understanding the behavior of physical systems.

2. How do I access the COMSOL Script Eigenfrequency Display?

The COMSOL Script Eigenfrequency Display can be accessed by selecting “Eigenfrequency” from the “Results” menu in the COMSOL Multiphysics software. This will open a new window where users can view and analyze the eigenfrequencies of their model.

3. Can I change the display settings of the eigenfrequencies?

Yes, the COMSOL Script Eigenfrequency Display allows users to change the display settings of the eigenfrequencies. Users can adjust the frequency range, number of eigenfrequencies displayed, and the format of the eigenfrequency values. These settings can be found under the “Display” tab in the Eigenfrequency Display window.

4. What information does the COMSOL Script Eigenfrequency Display provide?

The COMSOL Script Eigenfrequency Display provides information on the eigenfrequencies of a model, including the mode shape, frequency, and damping factor. It also displays a graph of the frequency values and allows users to view and export the data for further analysis.

5. Can I use the eigenfrequency data for optimization purposes?

Yes, the eigenfrequency data from the COMSOL Script Eigenfrequency Display can be used for optimization purposes. Users can use the data to identify critical frequencies and modes, and make design changes to improve the performance of their model. The eigenfrequency data can also be used to validate the accuracy of the model.