1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Concept problem, we can determine the possible value of Lx in hydrogen

1. Dec 20, 2013 #1
    concept problem, we can determine the possible value of Lx in hydrogen atom?
    The book of introduction to quantum mechanics told me that The value of Lx can not be determined.
    I know the concept behind this statement
    However, when I am practicing, I see one of my question that requires me the determine the possible value of Lx as well as the probability! This is not a homework.
    How to determine it? It is possible? The book tell me that Lx can be determined! Is there anything that I am missing?

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 20, 2013 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

How is the attachment related to the question?

More context would be interesting.
    I guess it is a statement like "if we know Lz, Lx has no fixed unique value".
    You can measure Lx, and you will get a result, but then Lz has no longer a fixed unique value.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted