Confession: I'm a Boy? Believe Me?

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary: I'm gonna go with the postal worker because they are more likely to have a map of the city and can give me accurate directions. But I have a feeling that I will end up somewhere completely different than where I want to go...just my luck :tongue2:I'm not really a girl, I just play one on the internet. :tongue2:But let's get back to the topic at hand...is it believeable that I'm just playing the role of a girl? In summary, the conversation discusses the believability of the speaker's claim that they are just playing the role of a girl. There is some skepticism and confusion among the other participants in the conversation, and the speaker reveals that they
Lisa!
Gold Member
So what do you think? Would you believe that I was just playing the role of a girl? Is it believeable?:tongue:

Physics news on Phys.org
Lisa! said:
So what do you think? Would you believe that I was just playing the role of a girl? Is it believeable?:tongue:
Nope, not buying it for a second.

Well, since you only exist as a figment of my hallucinations, does it really matter? :tongue:

You'd have to change your name to "Lisa?" :biggrin:

I know that doesn't matter to anyone here. The only thing I want to know is whether it's believeable for you or not!:biggrin:

Is your name Larry Isa or something? and you forgot to capitalise the I?

Lisa! said:
I know that doesn't matter to anyone here. The only thing I want to know is whether it's believeable for you or not!:biggrin:
No, I'm convinced you're a girl. A guy wouldn't have agreed to get eaten by mountain lions.

Lisa! said:
What precicpitated this question? Mere curiosity? I assure you, it is not remotely believable to me. Of course, I could just be embarrising myself to you if you really are a boy, but since you clearly aren't, I don't need to worry about that. :tongue2:

[/QUOTE=Evo]A guy wouldn't have agreed to get eaten by mountain lions.[/QUOTE]
Unless the guy was doing it to save his girlfriend's life...nah, even then you're right, he wouldn't. :wink:

Last edited:
Lisa! said:

Not for one second, unless you are a girl pretending to a boy pretending to be a girl.

I just don't care.

wolram said:
Not for one second, unless you are a girl pretending to a boy pretending to be a girl.
Which she isn't, since the question was hypothetical, and she isn't pretending to be a boy. I think. Unless she's a boy pretending to be girl and then tricking us into thinking she's a girl pretending to be a boy pretending to be a girl. Or she's just trying to confuse us enough until we believe whatever she says and then takes over our minds! My god, it's true! RUN!

ah but what if she/he is tricking us into thinking that she he is tricking us into thinking she/he is a girl pretending to be a boy pretending to be a girl?

Guys, I don't care whether you care or not! I just wan to know whether it's believeable or not. I behave like girls or not.:rolleyes:

Evo said:
No, I'm convinced you're a girl. A guy wouldn't have agreed to get eaten by mountain lions.
Because a girl is sure that mountain lions love girls and don't want to eat them!:wink:

P.S. I'll tell you why I'm asking this question!

GregA said:
ah but what if she/he is tricking us into thinking that she he is tricking us into thinking she/he is a girl pretending to be a boy pretending to be a girl?
Exactly my point, you understand perfectly!

There is only one definitive way to find out the truth.

Lisa!, you and a friend are driving somewhere and you get lost. You pass three people on the way, a policeman, a postal worker and a gas station attendant, which one do you ask for directions?

Take your time and answer carefully. :confused:

(Please, no one else answer for her/him first. We must let Lisa! answer.)

Which 1 is cuter? :tongue2:

Let's say they're all cute, in their own way.

Lisa! said:
Which 1 is cuter? :tongue2:
That's an obvious ploy to accentuate the stereotypes of femininity. You can't trick me with your wiles, I'm a professional pariona.

hmmm... I ask the postal worker because they knw directions better, although policeman suposed to be more trusty! :uhh:

is it a joke?

Of course I prefer ask the one I pass first! But let's think they're at the same place!

She must be a girl...how many blokes ever stop to ask for directions when they can get the friend to do it or just ask the friend for directions and then try to figure it out regardless?

Last edited:
On the net no one can hear your... no that's not it.

Really, considering that people have managed to do the whole cross-gender thing relatively well in real life, it's clear that a deliberate impersonator could easily impersonate almost anyone or anything in an environment like this.

That said, your profile on the boards looks much more female than male to me.

GregA said:
She must be a girl...how many blokes ever stop to ask for directions when they can get the friend to do it or just ask the friend and then figure it out from there?
:rofl: :rofl:
When you lost with your friends, tht means your friends also doesn't know the direction! Hey are you accusing me of being blonde?:tongue:

NateTG said:
On the net no one can hear your... no that's not it.

Really, considering that people have managed to do the whole cross-gender thing relatively well in real life, it's clear that a deliberate impersonator could easily impersonate almost anyone or anything in an environment like this.

That said, your profile on the boards looks much more female than male to me.
Yeah, that's true. Consider me, I'm actually a thirteen year old girl who wants to own a beatuy salon and bring peace to the world by volunteering for charities, instead of the older, Machiavellian male I make myself out to be. Bet you never guessed that, did you?

Lisa! could very well be the first example of AI; first pretending to be a girl, and now confusing us till it takes over our minds! :eek:

Lisa! said:
Hey are you accusing me of being blonde?:tongue:

Not yet...can anyone devise a "are you female and are you blonde test"?...get this thing settled here and now :wink:

neutrino said:
Lisa! could very well be the first example of AI; first pretending to be a girl, and now confusing us till it takes over our minds! :eek:
Tow problems with that. One, franzbear is the first AI. Two, that was my idea!

Dawguard said:
Tow problems with that. One, franzbear is the first AI.
Oops! Didn't know that. Sorry, franzbear. :wink:

Two, that was my idea!
Anyway, it wasn't the AI part, was it? :tongue2:

neutrino said:
Anyway, it wasn't the AI part, was it? :tongue2:
That's true. This actually could validate yomamma's theory that Lisa! was franzbear!. Lisa! predates franzbear's existence, but franzbear might be nothing more then the revelation of her true nature, and Lisa! continues to be the mask. Perhaps she's growing tired of it, and is moving to eliminate it entirely, by this circular route of confuzzlment and mind control.

Somehow this thread is going off topic! I just wanted to know whether it ever cross your someone's mind that I can't be a girl!
The reason I am asking this:
I get to know a countrymate on net! well he thinks that I'm a boy. My attitude, expressions, the way I consider issues,... That's not matter to any of you since we just want to have friendly conversation about current issues in or country and real life. So We're just having fun with this.:cool:
I Just wanted to have fun with that sbject here too...:shy:

Hate to steal Artman's thunder, but Lisa! has outed herself (or more accurately UNouted herself) as a girl:

As a girl, she clearly understood Artman's question, regaredless of her answer. If she were a man she would have said

"Stop. Ask for Directions... I hear the words, but they do not make any sense."

Lisa! said:
hmmm... I ask the postal worker because they knw directions better, although policeman suposed to be more trusty! :uhh:

is it a joke?

AH HAH!
You must be a girl! The postal worker is the logical choice, which of course no man would take!

A real man would drive around searching hopelessly until extremely late, then which one he asked would depend on whether he ran out of gas, or was stopped by a policeman because he was so late he was speeding!

DaveC426913 said:
Hate to steal Artman's thunder, but Lisa! has outed herself (or more accurately UNouted herself) as a girl:

As a girl, she clearly understood Artman's question, regaredless of her answer. If she were a man she would have said

"Stop. Ask for Directions... I hear the words, but they do not make any sense."
Exactly correct!

Lisa! said:
Somehow this thread is going off topic! I just wanted to know whether it ever cross your someone's mind that I can't be a girl!
The reason I am asking this:
I get to know a countrymate on net! well he thinks that I'm a boy. My attitude, expressions, the way I consider issues,... That's not matter to any of you since we just want to have friendly conversation about current issues in or country and real life. So We're just having fun with this.:cool:
I Just wanted to have fun with that sbject here too...:shy:
This is in GD, of course its going to go off topic! :tongue2:
As for who you met, I cannot fathom what would make him think you were a boy. There is nothing, or at most inpercievably little, about you that would give the impression that you are a boy. Maybe you're rational, and he expects the sterotype emotional answer from women.