Conflict bridges of graph, where it from

In summary, the conversation discusses graph planarity testing and the concepts of H-bridges, conflicting bridges, and planarity testing. The idea of conflicting bridges is not well-defined and has been sourced from the Graph Drawing book, while the planarity testing method is based on the Hopcroft and Tarjan Planarity Testing Algorithm.
S&S
I've been taught in lecture last week about graph planarity testing. But the main idea of conflict bridges I still don't understand. Then I search online, from wikipedia to mathworld, there are nothing about this bridge concept. I begin to wonder if this idea is a standard method to do this kind of testing. Are these definitions look familiar to you? Could you give me a reference where it's from?

H-bridges:
if H is a subgraph of G, an H-bridge of G is either:
1. an dege not in H whose endvertices are in H, or
2. a component of G-V(H) together with the edges ( and vertices of attachment) that connect it to H.

Conflicting Bridges
Given a cycle H in graph G, two H-bridges A, B conflict if they have three common vertices of attchment or there are four vertices v1 v2 v3 v4 in cyclic order on H such that v1 v3 are vertices of attachment of A and v2 v4 are vertices of attchment of B.

Planarity testing
Suppose Gis not a tree. Let H be a cycle in G:
1 if any H-bridge of G is non-planar the G is non-planar.
1 if three H-bridges of G mutually conflict, then G is non-planar.

At last, if you are my lecturor, and think I plagiarized your lecture notes, please PM me.

Physics news on Phys.org
The definitions of H-bridges and conflicting bridges appear to come from the Graph Drawing book by Di Battista, Eades, Tamassia, and Tollis (1999). The planarity testing method is most likely derived from the Hopcroft and Tarjan Planarity Testing Algorithm. You can find more information about it in their paper "Determining planarity of graphs in linear time" (1973).

What are conflict bridges of graph?

Conflict bridges of graph refer to the edges or connections between nodes in a graph that represent conflicting relationships or information. They can arise in various types of graphs, such as social networks, decision trees, and knowledge graphs.

How do conflict bridges form in a graph?

Conflict bridges can form when there are conflicting opinions, beliefs, or data points in a graph. For example, in a social network, two people may have different opinions about a topic, leading to a conflict bridge between them.

What role do conflict bridges play in a graph?

Conflict bridges can help identify areas of disagreement or tension within a graph. They can also be used to analyze and understand the complexity of relationships and information in a graph.

Can conflict bridges be resolved in a graph?

Yes, conflict bridges can be resolved by either removing the conflicting information or by finding a way to reconcile the differences between the conflicting nodes. This can lead to a more accurate and cohesive representation of the data in the graph.

Where do conflict bridges originate from?

Conflict bridges can originate from various sources, such as differences in opinions, biases, cultural beliefs, or incomplete data. They can also be a result of misinterpretation or miscommunication between nodes in a graph.