Confusin on BJT Small-Signal Model (Hybrid-Pi)

  • Thread starter Thread starter KingNothing
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Bjt Model
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
KingNothing
Messages
880
Reaction score
4
I'm confused about how exactly the output resistance and other resistances are set up in the small signal model. Is this small signal model correct? Please regard underscores as a subscript. Is r_0 always connected between collector and emitter?
 
Attachments
  • BJT Circuit.png
    BJT Circuit.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 643
  • BJT Small Signal.png
    BJT Small Signal.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 746
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hello KingNothing

Your model doesn't look like what I remember, so I did a little search and found this site that has a similar model for equivalent circuits modified to incorporate Early effect. And yes, the output resistance would be across the collector and emitter.
http://people.seas.harvard.edu/~jones/es154/lectures/lecture_3/bjt_models/bjt_models.html"
 
Last edited by a moderator: