Connect my Canon MX922 printer to my new wireless router

In summary, Alan followed the instructions provided by Cannon to set up the printer and was unable to get it to work. He downloaded and installed the drivers provided by Cannon, but the printer still did not work. He then tried to copy the screen of the printer to a file, but this did not work.
yungman
I just bought the Netgear AC1200 router, I followed the instruction of typing "routerlogin.net" in the address bar, logged in and created my password. and I got both my laptop connected wirelessly to the router.

My issue is setting up the wireless connection to the Cannon MX922 all in one printer. I followed the instructions using the front panel of the printer.

1) I pushed Manu and choose wireless setup.
2) I made it search for available wireless access point and it found my NETGEAR04.
3) I entered in the password using the front panel of the printer and the printer came back and said "connected to the access point".

But I still cannot talk to the printer through wireless connection.

I tried:
1) Redo the procedure with no luck.
2) I use the push button option by holding the WPS button of the wireless router and push OK on the printer. I tried holding the WPS button while the printer was searching AND I tried release the WPS button after pushing OK. Both times the printer came back and said it connected to the access point. But still not working.
3) I connected the USB and updated the MS and XPS drivers to the printer and still not working.
4) I even tried redo the setup using the password came with the router, it can't even connect. So I know I did it right in changing the password of the wireless access point. Besides I use the new password that I set to link with another laptop to prove I successfully changed the password.
5) I unplugged the power cord of the printer to let it reset, then went through the procedure, still no luck.

6) I type "routerlogin.net" on the address bar and look for what is connected onto the wireless router. I saw both my laptop and the desktop. But I don't see the cannon printer.7) I printed out the network connection of the Cannon printer. It claimed it is connected to NETGEAR04 which is the correct router.Based on this, I think the problem is with the router, the Cannon think it's connected. I don't know what to do anymore. Can anyone help?ThanksAlan
BTW, I looked in cmd ipconfig, but is there any way to copy the screen into jpeg file or something? Ctrl C and V does not work.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Thanks for the reply, I did down loaded and installed both the MP and XPS drivers from Cannon, it did not help. The printer was working with the last router that broke. It's only one year old.

I thought the setup software did additional things, like setting "switches" in the computer?

Good luck, have been there trying to get a pc to run properly.

1. How do I connect my Canon MX922 printer to a new wireless router?

To connect your Canon MX922 printer to a new wireless router, you will need to access the printer's settings menu and select the "Wireless LAN Setup" option. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer to your new wireless router.

2. Do I need any special cables or equipment to connect my Canon MX922 printer to a new wireless router?

No, you do not need any special cables or equipment to connect your Canon MX922 printer to a new wireless router. The printer is equipped with built-in Wi-Fi capabilities, so you can connect it wirelessly to your router.

3. How do I know if my Canon MX922 printer is successfully connected to my new wireless router?

To check if your Canon MX922 printer is connected to your new wireless router, you can print a network configuration page from the printer. This page will show you the printer's network settings and indicate whether it is connected to your wireless router.

4. What should I do if I am having trouble connecting my Canon MX922 printer to my new wireless router?

If you are having trouble connecting your Canon MX922 printer to your new wireless router, make sure that your router is turned on and broadcasting a Wi-Fi signal. You may also need to check the printer's network settings and ensure that the correct Wi-Fi network is selected.

5. Can I connect my Canon MX922 printer to multiple devices on the same wireless router?

Yes, you can connect your Canon MX922 printer to multiple devices on the same wireless router. However, you may need to install the printer's drivers and software on each device in order to print wirelessly from them.