Constructing g(f(x)) Equation for f(x) = A/(x^2) with Given Conditions"

  • Thread starter Thread starter sha1000
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
sha1000
Messages
125
Reaction score
6
Hello everyone,

I need some help (or guidance).

I have an equation f(x) = A/(x2). I need to construct the equation g(f(x)) with following conditions:

- when f(x) -> 0 then g(f(x)) ->1;
- when f(x) -> Fmax then g(f(x))->0; (This is important: there is some fixed Fmax value at which g(f(x)) =~0.

How shall I proceed?

Thank you
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I moved the thread to our homework section.

What is Fmax?

You don't have to consider f(x) at all with these constraints as you never make conditions on x or similar. Consider this rephrased problem where I just exchanged the letter:
For y->0 you want g(y)->1
For y->Fmax you want g(y)->0

It should be easy to find functions that satisfy these conditions.
Afterwards you can plug in f(x) for y.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sha1000 and scottdave
mfb said:
I moved the thread to our homework section.

What is Fmax?

You don't have to consider f(x) at all with these constraints as you never make conditions on x or similar. Consider this rephrased problem where I just exchanged the letter:
For y->0 you want g(y)->1
For y->Fmax you want g(y)->0

It should be easy to find functions that satisfy these conditions.
Afterwards you can plug in f(x) for y.

Thank you for your reply. I'll need some time to reformulate the question. There are more elements that must be added to this problem.