Constructing g(f(x)) Equation for f(x) = A/(x^2) with Given Conditions"

• Thread starter sha1000
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving constructing an equation g(f(x)) with specific conditions based on the equation f(x) = A/(x2). The conditions require that when f(x) approaches 0, g(f(x)) must approach 1 and when f(x) approaches Fmax, g(f(x)) must approach 0. The conversation also mentions the need to consider additional elements in the problem and suggests finding functions that satisfy the conditions and plugging in f(x) for the variable y.
sha1000
Hello everyone,

I need some help (or guidance).

I have an equation f(x) = A/(x2). I need to construct the equation g(f(x)) with following conditions:

- when f(x) -> 0 then g(f(x)) ->1;
- when f(x) -> Fmax then g(f(x))->0; (This is important: there is some fixed Fmax value at which g(f(x)) =~0.

How shall I proceed?

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
I moved the thread to our homework section.

What is Fmax?

You don't have to consider f(x) at all with these constraints as you never make conditions on x or similar. Consider this rephrased problem where I just exchanged the letter:
For y->0 you want g(y)->1
For y->Fmax you want g(y)->0

It should be easy to find functions that satisfy these conditions.
Afterwards you can plug in f(x) for y.

Likes sha1000 and scottdave
mfb said:
I moved the thread to our homework section.

What is Fmax?

You don't have to consider f(x) at all with these constraints as you never make conditions on x or similar. Consider this rephrased problem where I just exchanged the letter:
For y->0 you want g(y)->1
For y->Fmax you want g(y)->0

It should be easy to find functions that satisfy these conditions.
Afterwards you can plug in f(x) for y.

Thank you for your reply. I'll need some time to reformulate the question. There are more elements that must be added to this problem.

1. What is an equation construct?

An equation construct is a mathematical expression that uses symbols, numbers, and operations to represent a relationship between variables. It can be used to solve problems, make predictions, and describe real-world phenomena.

2. How do you construct an equation?

To construct an equation, you need to identify the variables involved and determine their relationship. Then, use mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to represent this relationship in a concise and logical way.

3. What is the purpose of an equation construct?

The purpose of an equation construct is to provide a concise and precise representation of a relationship between variables. It allows us to solve problems, make predictions, and understand the behavior of systems in a mathematical and logical way.

4. Can equations be used in different fields of science?

Yes, equations can be used in various fields of science, including physics, chemistry, biology, and engineering. They are essential tools for understanding and describing natural phenomena and making accurate predictions.

5. How can equation constructs be validated?

Equation constructs can be validated through various methods, such as mathematical proofs, experimental data, and comparison with other established equations. It is essential to ensure that the equation accurately represents the relationship between variables and produces consistent and reliable results.