Conversion from grams/liter to valume of the container

• Thread starter tony69
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Container
In summary, the minimal volume of the container required to fill 227 grams of product with a density of 300 grams/liter is approximately 0.757 liters, or 25.587 ounces.
tony69
Conversion from grams/liter to volume of the container

I have a problem that need your help. This is not my homework, it is a friend of my who needs to solve this for his project. Here is the description below:

The product is in powder form (like baking soda). The label weight of the package is 8oz (227grams). The density is 300 grams/liter. What is the minimal volume of the container that is required to fill this product?

Hint: find the overflow capacity of the container

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
tony69 said:
I have a problem that need your help. This is not my homework, it is a friend of my who needs to solve this for his project. Here is the description below:

The product is in powder form (like baking soda). The label weight of the package is 8oz (227grams). The density is 300 grams/liter. What is the minimal volume of the container that is required to fill this product?

Hint: find the overflow capacity of the container

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the PF. This belongs in the Homework Help section anyway, since it is for schoolwork. (I moved it)

If the density is 300 grams/liter, and you have 227 grams, then how much of a liter will that fill? A liter is a measure of volume.

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. This belongs in the Homework Help section anyway, since it is for schoolwork. (I moved it)

If the density is 300 grams/liter, and you have 227 grams, then how much of a liter will that fill? A liter is a measure of volume.

Yes, then how much of a liter will that fill?

My friend came up with this but don't know if this correct.

8oz converted to gram is 227g
227g / 300 g per litter = 0.7567 liter
1 liter = 33.81402 oz
then 0.7567 liter x 33.81402 oz per liter = 25.587 oz
Then 25.587 oz x 1.10 = 28.15 oz

tony69 said:
Yes, then how much of a liter will that fill?

My friend came up with this but don't know if this correct.

1 liter = 33.81402 oz
Then 25.587 oz x 1.10 = 28.15 oz

The 0.757 liter number looks correct. But where did the 1.10 come from?

berkeman said:
The 0.757 liter number looks correct. But where did the 1.10 come from?

You can ignore this 1.10 number.

The answer is

1 liter = 33.81402 oz

1. How do you convert grams/liter to volume of the container?

To convert grams/liter to volume of the container, you need to know the density of the substance. Once you have the density, you can divide the mass (in grams) by the density (in grams/liter) to get the volume (in liters) of the substance. This volume can then be used to determine the volume of the container.

2. What is the formula for converting grams/liter to volume of the container?

The formula for converting grams/liter to volume of the container is volume = mass / density. This formula is based on the relationship between mass, density, and volume: density = mass / volume. Rearranging this equation gives us volume = mass / density.

3. Can you provide an example of converting grams/liter to volume of the container?

Let's say you have a substance with a density of 2 grams/liter and a mass of 100 grams. To convert this to volume of the container, you would divide 100 grams by 2 grams/liter, giving you a volume of 50 liters. This means that the container would need to have a volume of at least 50 liters to hold 100 grams of this substance.

4. Why is it important to convert grams/liter to volume of the container?

Converting grams/liter to volume of the container is important because it helps you determine the size of the container needed to hold a certain amount of a substance. This is crucial in situations where you need to accurately measure and store a specific quantity of a substance, such as in laboratory experiments or industrial processes.

5. Are there any other units that can be used to measure volume besides liters?

Yes, there are other units that can be used to measure volume, such as milliliters, cubic meters, cubic centimeters, and gallons. However, it is important to make sure that all units used in a conversion are consistent. In the case of converting grams/liter to volume of the container, it is necessary to use liters for both the density and the resulting volume in order to get an accurate measurement.