Convert Enthalpy of Combustion (kj/kmol) to kj/kg

  • Thread starter Thread starter skaboy607
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 13K views
skaboy607
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
Hi

I'm studying combusion at the moment and was wondering how to convert the enthalpy of combustion values given in Steam Tables in kj/kmol to kj/kg? I have been trying to do mols multiplied by molecular weight, but this hasn't been giving me the answer I want.

Thanks for your help.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I didnt really ask in the other thread.

Why do you want to do this anyway? I've never come across a situation where it would be useful.

I would think you would need to times the kj/kmol value by (1Kg/molar mass) as you want 1Kg eqivilant in moles.
 
Is it kJ/kmol or kJ/mol (no "k" prefix on mol)?

It does look like a straightforward moles→mass conversion problem. However, note that the molecular weight converts moles into grams, not kg. Perhaps the problem is there?