Converting from polar to rectancular and back again using a TI Voyage 200

• Thread starter bcddd214
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Polar
In summary, The conversation is asking for a how-to guide on a certain topic, but the poster found one with low-quality screenshots and is looking for a better version. They also mention experiencing syntax errors with different combinations of code. They then provide a link to the guide they are looking for.
bcddd214
can someone point me to a howto on doing this?

Physics news on Phys.org
bcddd214 said:
can someone point me to a howto on doing this?

I found this but the knucklehead whom posted it used such low resolution on the screen shots that I can't make heads or tails of it.
I get syntax errors with (7,-9)>Polar, [7,-9]>Polar, ([7,-9])>Polar or any combination there of.

This is what I am looking for, just a working version of it.

http://epsstore.ti.com/OA_HTML/csks...ge=null&fStartRow=0&fSortBy=2&fSortByOrder=1"

Last edited by a moderator:

FAQ: Converting from polar to rectancular and back again using a TI Voyage 200

1. How do I convert from polar to rectangular coordinates on a TI Voyage 200?

To convert from polar to rectangular coordinates on a TI Voyage 200, follow these steps:

1. Press the "MODE" button.
  2. Scroll to the "POLAR" option and press "ENTER".
  3. Enter the polar coordinates (r, θ) using the "r" and "θ" buttons.
  4. Press the "RIGHT ARROW" button to switch to rectangular mode.
  5. Press "ENTER" to display the rectangular coordinates.

2. How do I convert from rectangular to polar coordinates on a TI Voyage 200?

To convert from rectangular to polar coordinates on a TI Voyage 200, follow these steps:

1. Press the "MODE" button.
  2. Scroll to the "RECTANGULAR" option and press "ENTER".
  3. Enter the rectangular coordinates (x, y) using the "x" and "y" buttons.
  4. Press the "RIGHT ARROW" button to switch to polar mode.
  5. Press "ENTER" to display the polar coordinates.

3. Can I convert multiple coordinates at once on a TI Voyage 200?

Yes, you can convert multiple coordinates at once on a TI Voyage 200 by using the "LIST" function. This allows you to enter a list of coordinates in either polar or rectangular mode and convert them all at once.

4. How do I switch between polar and rectangular modes quickly on a TI Voyage 200?

You can switch between polar and rectangular modes quickly on a TI Voyage 200 by using the "MODE" button. Pressing this button will cycle through the available coordinate modes, allowing you to switch back and forth easily.

5. Are there any limitations to using the TI Voyage 200 for coordinate conversions?

The TI Voyage 200 is a powerful calculator that can handle complex coordinate conversions with ease. However, it is always important to check your work and make sure the results make sense. Additionally, the calculator has a limited number of digits it can display, so very large or small coordinates may be rounded off.