Converting Units (Medical Application)

• B
  • Thread starter Arman777
  • Start date
I need to convert mj/mm^2 to bar is there a way to do that ? I think we cannot ,bar is N/m^2 but we have j/m^2

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

Doc Al
Mentor
One unit is an energy per area (energy density), but the other is a force per area (pressure). They have different dimensions and thus measure different things.

One unit is an energy per area (energy density), but the other is a force per area (pressure). They have different dimensions and thus measure different things.
Yes I agree, thanks

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2019 Award
So I needed to convert 0.55mj/mm^2 to bar
One unit is an energy per area (energy density), but the other is a force per area (pressure).
Still true.

Likes russ_watters
Still true.
Yes i agree but what abou the table ? I mean i am going to physiotherapy and they asked me this question and i said we cannot convert but she said their machines are work in adjustment or it was somwthi g lke thay.

Doc Al
Mentor
Yes i agree but what abou the table ?
I just skimmed that article, but it seems to say there are two ways of producing shockwaves. One of those ways can be characterized by the pressure used (compressed air), the other by the energy (magnetic). They are claiming they produce equivalent shock waves. Looks like some empirical chart.

(It's not a simple unit conversion, since those units are not measuring the same thing.)

I just skimmed that article, but it seems to say there are two ways of producing shockwaves. One of those ways can be characterized by the pressure used (compressed air), the other by the energy (magnetic). They are claiming they produce equivalent shock waves. Looks like some empirical chart.

(It's not a simple unit conversion, since those units are not measuring the same thing.)
Okay well I ll just show them the article since they are expert and I am sure they can deduce something from it