1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Could someone please check my Simulink Diagram

1. Jan 24, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    question.png
    I was asked to draw a Simulink Model for the above (car suspension) system.
    m = 250kg
    k, spring constant = 70000N/m
    c, damping coefficient = 3000N/m/s

2. Relevant equations
    If any equations are needed please let me know

3. The attempt at a solution
    simulinkimpulse.jpg
    The question says to draw 3 Simulink Models having seperate types of input (step, ramp, impulse)
    The diagram above shows the Simulink Model for the Impulse Input

It would be appreciated if someone could check my Model and tell me of any short comings. Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 24, 2016 #2

donpacino

Gold Member

a constant input of 1 is not an impulse. there is a step and ramp input you can use. To create the impulse response you need to get creative. As a hint, try using 2 step response blocks, and slightly delaying one of them

its been a while since I have worked with mechanical systems like that. on account of me being lazy, if you give me the equations, I can check your simulink diagram assuming the equations are correct.

4. Jan 25, 2016 #3
    Many thanks for you reply.

Yeah I got the step and ramp, I was having a little bit of trouble with the impulse, but I will try to do what you told. Thanks for the hint.

The differential equation I got, and the simulink diagram was modeled according to:
    y''(t) = (1/m)(x - ky - cy')
    Capture1.jpg

The simulink model is exactly the same except ramp and step inputs instead of the constant input in the original post

Thank you very much for your help

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted