1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can someone please check my signs on this Nodal Analysis

1. Oct 1, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

ZDYuJ.png

2. Relevant equations

Nodal Analysis, KVL

3. The attempt at a solution

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 1, 2011 #2

rude man

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Your nodal equations are correct.

To check your work you should use some kind of math software. I use an old version of Derive. Nice thing about old versions of software is that they actually included a user manual you could read offline. Now everyhone seems to refuse to provide hardcopy user manuals (which is why I did not get a newer version of Derive myself).

4. Oct 1, 2011 #3
    Thanks dude.

I think I'll check out Derive, but probably for the pset after this one. I'd rather work on this pset now rather than learn how to use Derive.

5. Oct 1, 2011 #4

rude man

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

If you do get Derive, if you let me know I can show you in a minute how to solve simultaneous equations like the ones you have here. Especially if it's the old DOS version. Get that one if you can, it should come with a hardcopy user manual.
    Send me a note if you want.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook